Rhino Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A little off topic, but Kevin, did you ever get a Ruger LCR?

I thought of you when at the gun show I heard a guy trying to sell a LN one to RJ for like $400 even. RJ passed.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never got one. I have a Smith 642 and really like it. So I really don't have a use for the LCR - still want to try one though.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I was kind of turned off by Ruger making the LCR with a different cylinder chamber spacing from the J frame. Making all speedloaders a no go.

Why?

????

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
awww.beautifulhome.com.au_images_pets_pug_dog1.jpg

MMMMMM

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are supposed to be introduced at the Shot Show this week. I'm still very curious - ugly , but they are calling to me...
ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_Chiappa_Rhino_357_Magnum_Revolve_1.jpg

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_Rhino4pollici.jpg

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_Chiappa_Rhino_Revolver_1a.jpg

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_Chiappa_Rhino_Revolver_1b.jpg

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_R1.jpg

Chiappa Firearms debuts a new production revolver and concept at the MKS Supply 2010 SHOT Show display (booth 15549).
Called the Rhino (sort of resembles one too) you will first notice that the barrel is actually at the bottom of the cylinder. The gun is designed to fire from the bottom chamber of the cylinder (6:00 position not 12:00 as with other revolvers).

The new design resulted in improvements of the internal mechanisms over conventional revolver designs yielding up incredible reliability, a super-smooth action and improved safety.

The Rhino’s low barrel design ergonomically shifts recoil energy into the center of the palm of the hand and in line with the forearm thus greatly reducing the effects of felt recoil. Traditional revolver design (semi-autos too) place the barrel above the hand.

When the gun is fired the leverage applied by that design forces the recoil into the web area of the hand between the thumb and trigger finger causing significant muzzle snap. Not the Rhino! Due to this new design a shooter can now fire very fast and accurate repeat shots.

The Rhino is designed reduce its carry profile. This design is even carried into the hexagonal shaped cylinder making for a flatter profile when carried (especially handy for legal concealed carry).

Latest posts

Top Bottom