Rib Crib

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you actually tried Robb's?

IMO it is not only the best in Shawnee, by far,(and I haven't tried them all yet) but it is the best I've had in this state.

It isn't a fancy place or been around as long as Van's but it is very good bbq. He doesn't have a fryer so there's no french fries or fried okra, but I can get by with tater salad and baked beans if I want a side to go with my ribs or brisket.
yes I have tried robb's ,it is good , Van's is better

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Ray's. Tender, smokey, meaty and I like their sauce. Even better is Butcher BBQ by Welston. Rib Crib is unacceptable. Been a while but I've had pretty good ribs at Toby Keith's. Earl's serves good solid (not superior) ribs with a high degree of uniformity from visit to visit. Unlike Van's these places don't have that faint lighter fluid taste so many seem to like. Have eaten at the Shawnee location 3 times and the Moore one once and every time the lighter fluid taste was there. Just unlucky I figure because so many folks rave about the place.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
i use head country sauce on everybodys Q. if I use sauce, but I usually go sauceless
It's okay for me, not as great as some say it is in my opinion.

I don't know where it comes from or if he makes it himself but Robb's sauce is one of the best that I've tried. The only bbq sauce I like better is a recipe that a guy I know got from an old women that used to have a bbq joint in the SE part of the state way back when.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I miss the old Knotty Pine BBQ on Chas. Page Blvd (Sand Springs line). An old beer joint turned into a bbq place in kind of a seedy area. It burned down and never reopened there. Various family members tried to restart it but it was never as good as the old place and they went out of business.
Wife and I eat at Trails End BBQ and it's not bad. We tried Oklahoma Joes and weren't impressed so never went back.

We ate at Rib Crib a couple times and it was OK but not some place we think of when we want bbq.

Latest posts

Top Bottom