Richard Jewell - Film

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So Saturday morning, I went to see the Clint Eastwood Directed film, Richard Jewell. I thought it was pretty good. It did a great job of portraying a man that was falsely accused by the FBI as being the Atlanta Olympic Park bomber and how he was unmercifully hounded by the press.

I remember following the Atlanta bombing coverage since it was only a year after the OKC bombing. I was curious if there was any link to Timothy McVeigh & Terry Nichols, but I never heard anything after they focused their investigation on Richard Jewell.

The film still leaves some serious questions for me. Why was his name leaked to the press when they had ZERO physical evidence linking him to the crime? And later, how were they able to get search warrants for his residence without any physical evidence linking him to the crime?

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So how was the movie? Do you recommend it or does it suck? Where’d you go see it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how was the movie? Do you recommend it or does it suck? Where’d you go see it?

I thought it was pretty good. I'm a fan of Clint Eastwood's directing style, camera work. During the Park scenes and media scenes it made you feel like you were right there. I saw it at the Warren/Regal in Moore in their screening room theater with the big reclining seats. It was me and one other person ...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who knows who leaked his name, but it's not like it would be any better today... in fact, it would probably be worse these days. The Patriot Act and FISA courts and such allow the .gov nearly unlimited freedom in how they conduct their investigations when 'national security' or 'terrorism' or 'hate crimes' are involved.

In situations like that, due process and the 'presumption of innocence' are only words. Trial in the press will be the name of the game for any conservative who happens to get caught in the fringe of something like this again - innocent or not.

Anyone heard anything about Jussie Smollett lately? I didn't think so...

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks; the wife and I are going to go see it. How can you not be a Clint Eastwood fan?

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recall seeing a 30 for 30 on him I thought. I know I have seen a documentary or two on the guy. Not the first time the gov has ruined someone without a trial. Had this guy got the praise that he as deserved it could have changed his life forever. Instead his good deed lead to his early death due to health issues best I can recall.

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember it wasn't him, and I always remember his name right off.

I always have to sit and really think to recall the name of the actual bomber.

That's what happens when someone is falsely accused.

I believe this happens more often than anyone realizes. Not all of them are as sensational as this, but I believe it happens a lot.

Sometimes the volunteer firefighter is really the arsonist. Sometimes they aren't. Sometimes the victim of racism is Jussie Smollett. Sometimes it's James Byrd Jr.

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The film still leaves some serious questions for me. Why was his name leaked to the press when they had ZERO physical evidence linking him to the crime? And later, how were they able to get search warrants for his residence without any physical evidence linking him to the crime?

For the very same reason the real killers of JFK immediately within hours leaked the name of Lee Harvey Oswald and arrested him for a crime that he did not commit. Unfortunately Mr. Oswald never got a trial because the same people killed him also.
The Richard Jewell story proves that it is easy for the Government and the Media to join forces and place blame on anyone that they wish and shape public opinion regardless of the facts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom