Rifle Cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitRottMommy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm posting this on a stretch that someone out there can help me in this situation:

Two very good friends of mine who run an animal sanctuary and veterinary crematorium off of their land lost absolutely everything in the tornadoes yesterday. My boyfriend, bullittstang, and I spent a good majority of our day helping pull animals from the rubble and trying to help our friends sift through what remains of their home. Everything from approximately 4000 sq ft of the home and sanctuary is completely decimated...and what remains of possessions easily fit into my Honda Element this evening. In those surviving items is roughly 10 rifles that have suffered water damage and god knows what else. I simply don't have time to sit down and properly assess and clean these guns as I will be spending more time with the family tomorrow and have work all weekend. If there is someone out there who has it in their heart to take these old guns and give them the help they need on behalf of this family, I would be forever appreciative (as would the family.) Every extra penny I have is being put into saving what lives are found intact at their facility and housing/feeding/clothing the family, so I would be hugely indebted if someone were to donate their time to clean these guns up.

I know beggers can't be choosers, so I will be happy to accept all offers of assistance. But I would prefer those who respond please have good feedback on the board...I don't want to risk leaving this man's only intact possessions in someone's hands to be stolen or abused.

Here is the news coverage from this morning, our two SUV's can be found in the foreground early in the video. We've been there since sun up today: http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kokh_vid_3399.shtml

I can be reached fastest through email at [email protected], but I will also accept texts to my cell at 918-902-5782. If I don't respond, assume that I've fallen asleep. I promise I will get back to you as soon as I'm vertical again.

Thank you all for any and all assistance. If nothing else, please send your prayers to this family. I cannot begin to describe the carnage that is present on their land as we continue to uncover more animals that once belonged to the sanctuary. God bless.

EBC79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why I am happy to be back in Oklahoma. People aren't afraid to help you out here. Being in the military I have done my share of traveling and I have yet to find a place like Oklahoma when it comes to the friendly and helpful people here.

I am happy someone was able to help you out. I hope everything works out for y'all.

PitRottMommy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Women size 12-14. I'm going to try to meet Jimmy tomorrow. Thank you for all who have extended a hand. I'll be picking up more donations tomorrow. Again, thank you all for considering this family. I cannot agree more with the posts above...Oklahomans are the first to extend a hand to help, even if it means sacrifice on their own part. I haven't found this to be true of many other parts of the country.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only 10mins for a response, wow! This is very impressive for a "small" community of people who share interests. For whoever stepped up to this task ( surjimmy? ) I thank you for doing this.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wear 48 x32. I can scare up some clothes if needed. Please PM me if I can help.

I'm new to OK. Been here about a year. Having lived near Washington DC for the last 10 years has made me suspicious of people. Here in OK I'm getting so over that. There are so many truly great people here. I'm intending to stay in OK. Until I'm told to leave anyhow! ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom