Rob Leatham training question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall Luton

Defensive Shooting Academy
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You would be better off staying right here and training with TDSA. We've had more than 20 students tell us that they have spent $10,000 - $20,000 training at Gun Sight, Thunder Ranch, Front Sight and all those other "cool" places only to come thru one of our 2 day schools and learn more from us in two days than they did the entire 4-5 years they have been training at the other places. Robbie is an excellent shooter. Probably the best that's ever lived. The only problem is you aren't going to get the personal attention that you would in one of our classes. Robbie is just one man and he can't see and help everybody. With as many as 6 instructors on the line you feel like you are the only person in our class at times.

I've shot with Robbie at many matches. He's fun, extremely easy to get along with, and has tons of knowledge, but I don't think he's going to be able to teach you anything that we couldn't and we will do it in a better way. Robbie is more of a shooter than he is a trainer. Nothing bad to say about him at all. You live in Owasso and haven't trained with us yet? Really? Come on? Are you serious?

Maybe you have and I don't recognize your OSA name. I don't know. I do know this, before I spent all that money I would look in my own backyard. You'll see why people call us the best kept secret in Tulsa. We may not be big but we're the best. That much I know.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
This is the most honest answer I can give. Robbie's class is pure gold to spend some time in his presence is inspiring. He has boiled many of the techniques down to the bare essentials. One of My best amigos is his training partner, BUT and it is a big BUT Marshall is right! There is nothing that Rob does that is not covered by T.D.S.A. and in a much more intense student to instructor ratio. Rob is big on Basics, but in any class the weak link get,s the most. Not so at T.D.S.A, it isn't uncommon to have 3-4 world class instructors walking the line while the primary instructor covers stuff. they can break off a great instructor to help someone who is lagging at the moment and catch them up, while the whole class is still getting the state of the art training and the person having a bit of trouble gets intensive one on one. I used to be an instructor at Gun-site, and I teach all over the world in rifle and shotgun techniques. I have always based what I do in the latest and best techniques and I keep my classes SMALL 6-8 people....but, and I have said it before, when I teach in the U.S. I do it in conjunction with T.D.S.A.....not because I get ANYTHING out of it, but because I believe in what they do! The funniest part about this whole thing is..no-one is an expert at home, hell most folks don't even know my name in OK but internationally I am well know, and this is VERY true of T.D.S.A. Spend local and get the BEST!!!! Kurt Miller

Shifty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Double tap on what Marshall and Kurt said. In TDSAs classes every student gets the personal attention required. And that doesnt just apply to the ones who are struggling. If your catching on fast, theyll spot it and move you along. You wont be bogged down by the slower learners. You can be sure youll get more than enough bang for your buck with them. At TDSAs classes youll see very experienced and talented shooters right along side the newbies. Theres enough knowledge between Marshall and his instructors that anyone, no matter how good, can learn something.

Ive taken several of TDSAs classes and gotten to know some of Marshalls instructors on a personal level and I would do anything in the world for any one of them. I think the world of every one of them. They went above and beyond what they had to do for me.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you haven't trained locally, you need to check out what the area has to offer. Once you've spent your money wisely here, then seek out the instructors you'd like to train with on a national level. I doubt you'll find a difference in the quality of the instruction, but each instructor will have a different focus. You'll learn from all of them, but you'll probably learn the most right here at home. :)

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang how did I miss this thread...

Sheesh okay here goes having been through 2 of TDSA's level 1 courses, Urban rifle 1 and Combat pistol 1 I can't say enough about how great training with these guys are. If one way just won't work for someone they'll help you make the adjustments you need to make it work.

Consider me a ditto of what the rest have said.

Latest posts

Top Bottom