Roberts Ford Slick Tricks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I had a deal made for a new Escape. Car was prepped and gassed, keys exchanged and all papers signed (except the sales contract). My saleslady was one of the best I have seen and bears no fault in this debacle. After waiting quite a while, I was called back to the Credit Manager's office to sign the sales contract. As he went through the payments, I questioned the total amount and was told that it was the agreed price for the Escape plus an extended warranty, at a cost of $4500. I immediately told him I was not interested in the extended warranty and refused to sign the contract. He went next door to the Sales Manager and returned, announcing that I could not buy the car at that price, without the extended warranty.

I left his office and returned the keys to my saleslady. In almost 50 years of buying Fords, this is my worst experience. Sure wanted that little blue Escape but, figure I will shop around for a more reputable dealer. Roberts Ford of Prior, OK, is now the worst Ford dealer I have experienced.

Not saying it happens every time, BUT, it sure happened to me.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's pretty low down. Glad you caught them and outed them here. Bet you get a call tomorrow begging you to come get "your" car at "your" price.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They did the bait and switch on me. Pissed me off. I called on a car on the Internet. Of course, we have that, get on down here, yada yada. I said, don't let anyone drive it. Be there in 30 minutes. Liars. Get there and of course someone is getting into it AFTER buying it. Which means that deal was already in the works. Was highly pissed. Drove some piece of crap that had many things wrong with it. Got back to the lot, threw the keys at the sales guy and drove off.
I know they want to get you on the lot, but don't lie to me to get me there.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis,
I have found the vehicle I want and everything has been done via e-mail. I think you are right about buying online.
Al

Latest posts

Top Bottom