Roberts Ford Slick Tricks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lynn Hickey, that brings back memories. Drove there once about 20 years ago to look at a vehicle that didn't exist and then found one that I was interested in but to this day to not know how much they would take for the truck. Wouldn't give me a price. Only wanted to talk "payments," signing up for referral bonuses, vacation prizes, and how much I owed on the truck that I had no intention of trading in.

My last 3 auto purchases have been really good. Two from South Pointe in Tulsa with a little usual haggling but got to my price and one the wife found online in Edmond (don't remember dealership name). Called a dealer I know and gave him a chance to match the deal my wife found. He called back 20 minutes later and said he couldn't get with $2K of the deal. Then the finance guys tries to sell me a warranty on the tires for $500. I told him I thought the car came with tires.

South Pointe does have the $399 lot fee but you have to figure that into the price you will pay. Information and research before talking to any dealers is the key. I've never not found what I wanted at the price I was willing to pay by doing some homework.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lynn Hickey, that brings back memories. Drove there once about 20 years ago to look at a vehicle that didn't exist and then found one that I was interested in but to this day to not know how much they would take for the truck. Wouldn't give me a price. Only wanted to talk "payments," signing up for referral bonuses, vacation prizes, and how much I owed on the truck that I had no intention of trading in.

Sounds pretty typical of the games a lot of dealers play these days. I won't play those games, ever.

South Pointe does have the $399 lot fee but you have to figure that into the price you will pay. Information and research before talking to any dealers is the key. I've never not found what I wanted at the price I was willing to pay by doing some homework.

What is a $399 "lot fee"? Is there a "doc fee" on top of that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom