Rocket Stoves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Originally I planned to use this stove as only a SHTF type stove that can cook with very small amounts of wood and gives almost no smoke.
But now, I can see that I can cook an entire meal for two from the small branches and sticks I collect from the lawn before I mow.

So I'm thinking that I might give up the propane grill entirely and cook with one (or maybe two) of these and get the cooking fuel for free.

This is the Enviro that I have ordered:

Last edited by a moderator:

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, I bought a couple of the StoveTec units but I have to 'fess that they've been in cold storage and haven't been tried out yet. Just about any Rocket stove is an efficient one; I liked the StoveTec units because of their insulated fireboxes.

I also thought that water sterilizing model that have is tacticool. I can see it being used as an autoclave.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the MSR Pocket Rocket for backpacking because of it's light weight and it does a great job. However, I'm really looking at one of these (more is better):

Last edited by a moderator:

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive built a couple of rocket stoves. They work surprisingly well. The first I fed pine cones and small twigs and got a pan of water boiling in about 3 1/2 minutes. I made it out of 1/8" plate, ut is a 6" square box 24" from front to back and 24" from top to bottom. I put an expanded metal grid on top to hold pans, and an expanded metal grate one inch off the bottom to hold the fuel and provide an air path below the fuel. There is about a half inch of clearance between the top of the chimney portion and the expanded metal grate. This is not a backpack stove, but would work well for a semi permanant camp.

Latest posts

Top Bottom