Rodney King has passed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who the hell are you to judge? I think you need to look in the mirror.

It is not for me to judge... I dont care for King but I wish death on no one.

Calling someone out on obviously un-Christian behavior is NOT the same as judging and actually has scriptural basis.

Romans 15:14 "And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another."

1 Thess 5:12-13 12 "Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other."

The whole "you can't judge me" line is a favorite tactic of those who don't want to own up to doing something wrong. Now I'm not saying that JB has a habit of gentle and loving admonishment, but you get the idea. Group hug.

O

OSA Admin

Any more vulgar posts and the time outs will be lengthy. Disagree as much as you wish. Be harsh in your responses if you wish, but no vulgarity.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Calling someone out on obviously un-Christian behavior is NOT the same as judging and actually has scriptural basis.

Romans 15:14 "And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another."

1 Thess 5:12-13 12 "Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other."

The whole "you can't judge me" line is a favorite tactic of those who don't want to own up to doing something wrong. Now I'm not saying that JB has a habit of gentle and loving admonishment, but you get the idea. Group hug.

^^^^^^^^This, though I do believe there is a difference in calling someone out with humility, as Christ would, rather than conceit. JB and I have been through the whole "plank in the eye", water under the bridge. Colossians 3:1-17.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rodney King continued to drink and drive for 20 years after his famed arrest and beating video. That behavior shows a blatant disregard for the safety of others. He had been arrested 11-12 times for various crimes since 1992, so I was rather surprised to see that he was not in prison. I guess the system kept giving him a pass because of his notoriety. Its shame, maybe if the system had treated him more like everyone else, he might have been able to become sober. I know a couple of people that I gave up on, only to find that prison made them come to terms with their addictions and choose a life of sobriety.

As for judging King, that is not my place. He did live a wreckless and violent life before his famous incident and tortured life afterwards. Perhaps that says it all...

Last edited:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_interesting_thread.gif

Yep, sorry I looked.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
King accomplished nothing. Yes, he was mistreated by the Police - No, he was not the 'cause' of the L.A. Riots - Just the fuse that folks were looking for. 3 died and many more injured. Uncounted loses in property damage. Folks randomly drug from their cars and beaten. Remember the truck driver? King was a 'nothing' and though I do not celebrate his death I sure am not spending any time being concerned about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom