Rolex AD markup 40% ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't realize that the retail dealer markup was so much.

https://millenarywatches.com/rolex-markup/
Also, most new Jewelry in general has a 40 to 75% mark up. Rolex isn't the only one playing that game. Seiko, Citizen and Casio all do it, and how often can you buy one of those and sell it for more than you paid for it quickly?

Last edited:

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used Price, $31,995 Rolex Daytona 126500.

https://www.cdpeacockjewelry.com/ce...57FV8ZB4CmcbSRuq5-dOoIhGEWi13WWRoCPYkQAvD_BwE

New Rolex Daytona 126500 from an AD (they cannot sell over MSRP or they loose there AD Status):

https://www.rolex.com/en-us/watches/cosmograph-daytona/m126500ln-0001

Yeah, go buy used and pay $15,000 more. 90% of the time I'd rather by new on Rolex. Basket case ones chewed up and spit out go for more than MSRP.

Go right ahead, I am not spending that much on any watch. Got better things to do with money....Also depends on type/model of Rolex.

I am not a Rolex connoisseur nor care to be....I'll buy a Timex Ironman, you can buy a lot of them...

Last edited:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go right ahead, I am not spending that much on any watch. Got better things to do with money....Also depends on type of Rolex.
I am not a Rolex connoisseur nor care to be....

Not trying to sell anyone on buying a Rolex. Just saying that it's a bit different than most think. Some goods like firearms do appreciate in value. Wish I could make money on everything I buy, or want to buy.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not nearly as much as buying a desireable Rolex and selling it. And try and get a 0% interest unsecured loan. Even with 0% credit cards they have interest assessed with cash withdrawals. Also, anyone here getting more than 6% on savings or CDs?
Well yea, if you are looking for a side gig. I was talking about the Joe that just wants to buy one to wear.

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dave Ramsey would say when you have no debt save up and buy one used (and end up paying much, much more.) Many used Rolexes go for well over MSRP. I do like most if his messages but at times there are much better ways, and he is not an expert on everything. Most AD's have 0% for 12 months (he'd say no to that), even now. If you have money in the bank for it, why not.

As for stupid buying a Rolex new from an AD, if I could get 10 Daytona's or more in stainless I'd do it. Spend $15,200 on each one and sell fast for 20k to 22k per watch.
What'st he AD situation like here in Oklahoma? I've read horror stories online but haven't considered a Rolex until recently.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What'st he AD situation like here in Oklahoma? I've read horror stories online but haven't considered a Rolex until recently.
Not as good as the bigger cities. The larger cities have more. In the Detroit suburbs there are more, I suspect I could get bumped up the list by buying an undesirable model, like a ladies datejust for my wife. She does not want one unfortunately and it's not worth the argument to get her one (she does have one she loves, but in general she buys her own jewelry.) I have been told they get phone calls multiple times per day out of state, but reject those, they have a good market here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom