Romanian PSL-54: Worth the Money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnished

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I've recently become interested in 7.62x54r Com-bloc era marskman's rifles as of late and have always liked the look of the Dragunov. I'm aware a PSL isn't one, but it's close enough for me.

They seem to demand quite the price these days (1900), anyone think that's worth it? I do plan to actually use it. I think it'd make a fine hog rifle or just reasonably cheap to shoot rifle (once you're past the entrance fee). I know there's always AR-10s and other things, but the cool factor is worth something. Anyhow, what are y'alls thoughts?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool rifles, but have a reputation for stringing shots after the barrel heats up. Then there is the "old" and the "new"; I've never seen any of the newer ones, but they are rumored to have better fit and finish than the older ones. I think they're cool, but are more of a novelty than anything. Price is always an "up to you" thing. Different strokes, and all that. If it's an itch you need to scratch, you'll likely be able to get your money out of it if you decide it isn't for you.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This has been brought up a couple other times here recently. Not sure why it keeps coming up. There are much better ergonomically, more accurate rifles that don’t use corrosive ammo with better optics options.
You do you though. Don’t expect better than about 3-4 MOA with the best ammo. What’s good at 100 yards is probably a miss at 200 though. This is no doubt a cool gun, that is fun and good to show your friends, but in reality there are much better options for less money.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy it for second kind of cool, buy it because you want one. Do not buy it because you think that it will be anywhere near as accurate as far less expensive options. Buy it if you want to oggle it (I oggle mine) but don't buy it if your primary goal is shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom