Ron Paul's chance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care about chances or polls. Paul's views are closest to mine and I'm not letting anyone convince me to not vote for my preferred candidate. Chances be damned, I'm voting for Ron Paul and I'm not going to apologize for it. Voted for him in 2008, going to vote for him next month, and I'll vote for him in 2016 if he runs.

Very good. That is the way it should be.

I think that comment is out of touch with the reality of the majority of the members of the Republican party. I mean, really, do you think the average Joe the Plumber republican, given the choice of Obama or Ron Paul, would choose Obama?

Republicans will if he wins the nomination but the majority of Republicans will not support him in the primaries and many will not in the general. Plus in the general very few moderates will and they decide the elections. Latest polls have Obama leading Paul by double digits.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you vote for him if his name doesn't get on the ballot???

His name will be on the ballot mhphoto is punching. Do you understand how elections work in Oklahoma?

Republicans will if he wins the nomination but the majority of Republicans will not support him in the primaries and many will not in the general. Plus in the general very few moderates will and they decide the elections. Latest polls have Obama leading Paul by double digits.

Which polls?

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Paul is the only one running that can pull votes away from Obama, but I doubt he'll get the nomination.

Someone that voted for Obama in 08 is not going to vote for Santorum in 2012 and most people are less scared of the idea of Obama for 4 more years than 8 years of Romney.

Gingrich is a tool bag and will be out soon.

Like I said. Obama 2012.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think lots of "the people" want RP but the gov is so afraid of him actually winning they will do whatever it takes to keep him out.

The other problem I think RP has is most of his supporters aren't voters.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it came down to Obama vs. Santorum, Obama would not even have to show up to the debates. He could just have someone on his staff tape a piece of poster board to the podium that says "Obama is not that guy." with an arrow pointing to Santorum and win by a landslide.

Really, he could do that with all the current GOP hopefuls. If Santorum gets the nod we could see some more funny stuff like this, tho:

Because that is basically the demographic he appeals to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom