Rosanne

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"While nostalgia was expected to bring in eyeballs, no one predicted such a huge turnout on premiere night for the blue-collar family sitcom with a Donald Trump-supporting protagonist, especially among the younger demographic. But then, few also expected Trump to become the Republican nominee and to win the Presidential election when he first announced his candidacy.

Both Trump and Roseanne were able to tap into the often overlooked and undeserved working-class audience. Not surprisingly, the top TV markets where Roseanne delivered its highest ratings were in states handily won by Trump. No.1 was Tulsa in Oklahoma, which Trump won with 65.3% of the vote. It was followed by Cincinnati, Ohio and Kansas City, Missouri. The only big city from a blue state in the Top 10 was Chicago at No. 5 — that is the area where the series is set. ABC focused some of its marketing efforts in the region with a preview of the revival at the 54th Chicago International Film Festival."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"While nostalgia was expected to bring in eyeballs, no one predicted such a huge turnout on premiere night for the blue-collar family sitcom with a Donald Trump-supporting protagonist, especially among the younger demographic. But then, few also expected Trump to become the Republican nominee and to win the Presidential election when he first announced his candidacy.

Both Trump and Roseanne were able to tap into the often overlooked and undeserved working-class audience. Not surprisingly, the top TV markets where Roseanne delivered its highest ratings were in states handily won by Trump. No.1 was Tulsa in Oklahoma, which Trump won with 65.3% of the vote. It was followed by Cincinnati, Ohio and Kansas City, Missouri. The only big city from a blue state in the Top 10 was Chicago at No. 5 — that is the area where the series is set. ABC focused some of its marketing efforts in the region with a preview of the revival at the 54th Chicago International Film Festival."
Heck, even CNN and Fox panels have been discussing this all day about the ramifications this show will have on our society. LOL,

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never watch live TV unless it's bad weather or OU Football but I recorded the new Rosanne and kinda liked it. They overplay the characters on an opener so you'll know who they are etc. Hopefully they'll tone it down some on the politics and get the grandson some pants. I guess the sarcasm on the show reminds me of my own family... It'll have to get better if I'm to continue watching. The only shows I record and watch are Gun Stories, Hollywood Weapons and the Goldberg's. I don't have time to watch TV so after I fast forward through the commercials I probably watch <2 hours a week.

Like the show or not, this is sending a clear message to Hollywood so that's a good thing. If they get the grandson some boy clothes Hollywood will flip their $#!t.... That would be awesome!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to watch Rosanne when I was younger and I always liked it. I also loved home improvement, Family matters, fresh prince, and my all time favorite Miami Vice. Nothing like nostalgia for me. I wish I could go back in time to when I was younger. Life was so much better than it is now. Life sucks now for the many reasons. I haven’t watched the new Rosanne yet but my parents loved it and they like the original like me. It amazes me how much tv has changed. Look at the wholesome family shows that used to come on. All of them featured men than supported their families and good wives. They also taught good lessons such as not doing drugs or drinking and many taught to not have premarital sex. Nowadays many of the shows treat the men like they are wimps that bend to their wives will. The women are made out to be the head of the house. And many glorify gay people and gay marriage like they are so great. It’s sickening. This has a lot to do with the way our society is today. I always say thank the lord I grew up when I did. Today I only watch a handful of shows and most are in either animal planet or discovery. It just saddens me to watch older shows because I picture what life was like then and I get depressed.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I used to watch Rosanne when I was younger and I always liked it. I also loved home improvement, Family matters, fresh prince, and my all time favorite Miami Vice. Nothing like nostalgia for me. I wish I could go back in time to when I was younger. Life was so much better than it is now. Life sucks now for the many reasons. I haven’t watched the new Rosanne yet but my parents loved it and they like the original like me. It amazes me how much tv has changed. Look at the wholesome family shows that used to come on. All of them featured men than supported their families and good wives. They also taught good lessons such as not doing drugs or drinking and many taught to not have premarital sex. Nowadays many of the shows treat the men like they are wimps that bend to their wives will. The women are made out to be the head of the house. And many glorify gay people and gay marriage like they are so great. It’s sickening. This has a lot to do with the way our society is today. I always say thank the lord I grew up when I did. Today I only watch a handful of shows and most are in either animal planet or discovery. It just saddens me to watch older shows because I picture what life was like then and I get depressed.
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/rosanne.257946/page-3#post-3098992

Latest posts

Top Bottom