Need Advice on Edger - Electric or Gas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also live in the country but my wife cares
I actually had a craftsman gas edger at one time when there was a pool, hot tub and deck in the back yard. The Craftsman finally lost all compression due to being worn out, and all the above is in a very deep hole in the back yard that I dug with a track hoe to push it all into.
We have about 30' of sidewalk now with grass on one side that gets roundup.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need a new edger too, but I want to get a lawn chick that has an edger. A young taught gal that needs extra money for college, and insists on wearing a bikini to stay cool, sure you have ideas on the extra money angle, but you have to use control, otherwise you get a trip downtown and your picture in the newspaper. Here's a tip, put little piles of top soil in the yard, and tell everyone that you're leveling, and when the lawn chick runs over the speed bumps, well, you get the picture. But when the wife catches you at the windows with your binoculars, and the new spotting scope, well, you're on your own.
When you hire her let me know, I might be able to come by and help watch and maybe kick in a few bucks for her services.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got the Ryobi 40v attachment-available weed whacker so I also got the edger and pole saw heads.

After watching my neighbor with his three-wheeled corded electrical edger zip by me for two summers, I'd definitely go with gas or corded.
This….

Just like with so many tools nowadays the battery stuff is all the rage. They are convenient, but at the end of the day a corded tool will be 1: Cheaper, 2: More powerful, 3: more reliable

I’d vote go corded. More power than battery, NONE of the potential maintenance that comes with a gas engine, etc

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
This….

Just like with so many tools nowadays the battery stuff is all the rage. They are convenient, but at the end of the day a corded tool will be 1: Cheaper, 2: More powerful, 3: more reliable

I’d vote go corded. More power than battery, NONE of the potential maintenance that comes with a gas engine, etc
Yeah I think this is the route I'm gonna go, there are plenty on FB for under $50. Strangely being sold mostly by women based on the painted fingernails in the photos, though in 2024 that's no guarantee it's a woman.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an 80v Greenworks edger. In fact every lawn tool is 80 v Greenworks and they all have made my life simpler. Yes yes yes I’d certainly recommend the Greenworks. The trimmer has 5 seasons on it and never misses a beat

Latest posts

Top Bottom