Need Advice on Edger - Electric or Gas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm different (Okay, no comments!). I don't care for the "groove" along my driveway and curb. I simply use my gas weedwhacker to do my edging. I run the cords parallel to the curb while walking on the street, and with a little practice you can trim the grass cleanly to the inside edge of the concrete. Looks like a brand new haircut from your favorite barber.
You are a better man than I am. Mine always catches on the grass and gives me a deep gouge in the grass.

Get a blade model and get one with at least one adjustable wheel so when the blade wears, you can adjust the depth with the wheel.

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm different (Okay, no comments!). I don't care for the "groove" along my driveway and curb. I simply use my gas weedwhacker to do my edging. I run the cords parallel to the curb while walking on the street, and with a little practice you can trim the grass cleanly to the inside edge of the concrete. Looks like a brand new haircut from your favorite barber.
My grass is just whatever grows on the property and is pretty tough. Really the blade. My weedeater is walk behind because I got a LOT to weedeat.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mother purchased one to tinker around with -- she's 81 years young and doesnt have the strength to pull start anything --- works well as long as your'e mindful of the ever present cord and dont accidentally chop it in two inadvertantly

This would be a little walk behind unit - i think its Craftsman branded

---

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Never had a battery model all I’ve had for years is sthil products
I like Stihl products, got almost 20 years out of my last weed eater.

Yeah I just really don't want so spend 400$ right now. I have a stihl chainsaw, DR walk behind, Spartan mower, etc. I know spending money now is better but $40 electric from craigslist sounds better right now. Just didn't know if the electric ones really worked

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can get round blades for the string trimmer.
Looks like a 10" chop saw blade.
I have used worn out saw blades many times and have cut notches in them with my angle grinder.

Maybe something along those lines will work well.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a lot and a 1/4 with sidewalk and driveway and use the Worx corded electric edger. It's a beast with new blades. 1st edge of the season takes a bit of work to clear the 'trench' but subsequent edging is at normal walking pace. The cord is a non-issue once a rhythm is established. I think this is my 5th or 6th season with it and still going strong.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/WORX-12-Amp-7-5in-Electric-Lawn-Edger-and-Trencher/5000165177
Edit: I also use the worx turbine corded blower while I have extension cord out. Works great with low noise.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/WORX-12-Amp-600-CFM-110-MPH-Corded-Electric-Leaf-Blower/1000457439

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom