Ruger 10/22 p90 replica

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking about making this and I had a couple of questions. Here's the youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ilwvD-mnE

Well I found a ruger 10/22 old style all metal in a pawn shop for 189. Looks barely used. They also had then new with the plastic parts for 220.

Should I go with the old one cause of the all metal parts? Or the new one cause of the revised bolt catch and magazine release?

Would the Shawnee gun show this weekend have them cheaper?

How legal is this? It's an 18" barrel and in the video they say for it to be legal it has to be 26" and IIRC this measures 27"

Overall what do you all think about the idea?

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, $189 for an older all metal 10/22 is a decent deal. Of course I've been looking at/for pre-warning labeled finger grooves and DSPs. If the gun is anything other than the basic carbine I would consider it a good deal.

Nothing wrong with the new model rifles, they work fine. Though I'm sure someone is willing to disagree with that point. Its all about aesthetics. I personally wouldn't get one unless the price is right. Also, part of the appeal of a 10/22 is about being able to totally build a gun from the bottom up. So if you don't like the new crackle paint or plastic trigger group, it can always be replaced.

While it's a different show in Shawnee this weekend, I went to one there about three weeks back and the Ada show this last weekend. New Model, NIB 10/22s were going for around $215ish ($205-$230). Of course I didn't see if anyone would swing a deal, since that's not what I'm looking for. The finger grooves and DSPs I was looking at were running $350-$450. Which while not horrible prices, those were not the deals I'm looking for (lol).

As far as the P90 conversion goes, go for it (I won't speak to the legality side since I don't know). Its not something that would appeal to me but to each their own. If you would enjoy it then go for it. I personally would like to do a M1 10/22 conversion with Tech sights and I'll get around to it someday.

Good Luck!

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
get the metal one if its in great condition. i was lucky and bought a brand new all metal one a few years ago at walmart for $212 syn/stainless. . man those were the days

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well just picked it up. $200 bux out the door. The Pawn shop said it had been bought with a lot of them and the guy traded all of them in. It looks in pretty good condition. Looks like the grease is still there from the factory.

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I try to refrain from endorsing other forums when I'm visiting a forum, you may want to check out this site

http://www.rimfirecentral.com

There is a large section on modifying 10/22s. I looked and didn't see anything on the P90 conversion but those guys will know or have an idea about it.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I try to refrain from endorsing other forums when I'm visiting a forum, you may want to check out this site

http://www.rimfirecentral.com

There is a large section on modifying 10/22s. I looked and didn't see anything on the P90 conversion but those guys will know or have an idea about it.

yeah you will wanna check that place out , if you wanna trick it out

Latest posts

Top Bottom