Ruger 10/22 Trigger and Bolt Release

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldman62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used the BX trigger on my 10/22 and the bolt release a buddy gave me. It works smooth. I have no way to check the pull on it. It feels much like my timney trigger in my rem 700 .223 which is 3 lb. I don't think you will be disappointed for installing it. I like it but others may have a different opinion of it.
ruger1022.JPG

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used the BX trigger on my 10/22 and the bolt release a buddy gave me. It works smooth. I have no way to check the pull on it. It feels much like my timney trigger in my rem 700 .223 which is 3 lb. I don't think you will be disappointed for installing it. I like it but others may have a different opinion of it.View attachment 118458
I use a coat hanger and a bag of pinto beans to check the pull weight on a trigger.
Why did you put the scope that far above the barrel?

Oldman62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it was a little high my self but when I just bring up to my shoulder its right there with perfect view. But I am still playing with it. I got some other scope rings on order. The mount was already on the scope and just used it for checking mainly. I have not had much time with work and house remodel to do much playing with it yet. I ordered the same rings that are on my .17 HMR as they seem to work well with my glasses.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_0156.JPG
My new BX trigger arrived today. I installed it and checked the break point and it is not as advertised 2.5 - 3lbs for release. I tested it numerous times and it breaks mostly at 1.75lbs. I am very happy with that and now must go shoot it.

Last edited:

bsd230

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did find a guy on eBay that is a reseller of BX triggers for Ruger. He takes it a step further and measures the trigger pull on every one he carries and sells. I paid about 10.00 more for one with a 2.00-2.25lbs trigger pull. I measured it and he was right on the money. I haven’t had a chance to take it to the range yet, but I could tell a difference over the stock trigger assembly. There are a few more parts I would like to add to it, to get the very best accuracy I can out of it. I bought the bull barrel version to begin with so it is a little on the heavy side making it an already accurate bench rifle. I don’t plan to hunt with it so weight is not a concern in that regard. Now if I can just break down and spring for the Volk pistol my .22 fantasy team will be complete. 1,500 is a hard pill to swallow for a .22 caliber pistol. If I’m spending that much I want a larger caliber with an RMR site too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom