Ruger 1911 in 10mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes it was, I am considering this gun strongly. Saw a few on Gunbroker for 699.00, buy now price. Need one like a hole in my head, but ya know how that goes...

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Underwood and Buffalo Bore also make full power loads. The SIG 10mm is also right up there. The S&B loads aren't bad either. It's a good time to have a 10mm. The S&B 180 gr FMJ was on sale recently at Sportsman's Guide for $300/1000.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bad experience was with a DW Pointman 7, an early one. The rear sight was just pinned in place instead of being dovetail. The recoil sheared the roll pin - actually 2 of them - and as it left the slide it also took the threads for the elevation adjustment screw.
Two lessons learned:
1) always get a dovetailed rear sight on a 10mm slide
2) never buy another DW

Early DW before CZ had issues, now they are some of the best 1911s out there.

I have a pre-CZ DW Pointman, and I had the same issue with the rear sight. After sending me a couple of replacement roll pins, they replaced the sight with a dovetailed version under warranty, and it's been great ever since. Poor design, since rectified.

That is the only problem I've ever had with mine; otherwise, it's been as reliable as a stone axe, even when dirty. Love the thing.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pre-CZ DW Pointman, and I had the same issue with the rear sight. After sending me a couple of replacement roll pins, they replaced the sight with a dovetailed version under warranty, and it's been great ever since. Poor design, since rectified.

That is the only problem I've ever had with mine; otherwise, it's been as reliable as a stone axe, even when dirty. Love the thing.

I've been drunk since I've last seen one, but didn't the old ones have a goofy proprietary sight on the rear? Did they replace the entire slide?

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been comparing this new Ruger to the DW Razorback. Roughly $600 separates them (current street prices). Are there any parts on the Ruger that ya'll wouldn't trust?

Latest posts

Top Bottom