Russian ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would have been on anybody that happened to be in Office at the time, regardless whether it was the Republican or the Democratic Party.
I remember clearly Sam Gabbert bringing this looming ammo ban up in 2018 when Trump was president. He warned people this was coming. I saw the writing on the wall back then and stocked up during salad days. Now I'm glad I did.

It was payback for this poisoning, at least I thought.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_of_Sergei_and_Yulia_Skripal

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well apparently President Biden's ban on Russian ammo does not include 'Wolf' band which I still see online
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_Ammunition#Current_events
Wolf is merely an importer that repackages ammunition that is primarily Russian manufactured. This ban will very much affect the availability of Wolf steel cased ammo. For those holding out hope for Ukrainian exports, neither of the two major factories in the Ukraine that Wolf sourced ammo from have been imported from since approximately 2013 - 2014. AFAIK all steel cased ammo that is currently being sold by Wolf is stamped Made in Russia. This is a no minor occurrence. It's the death of $0.30'ish CPR 7.62 and 5.45 ammo for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, some Wolf stuff is made in Ukraine. If the ban is for Russian ammo, Ukrainian might still be available.
Supposedly, Wolf hasn't imported from Ukraine since the 2013-2014 time frame. If the Lugansk factory is operational again, it's a possibility. The root of this matter is that this isn't about Russia. If it were, there were more appropriate and harder hitting sanctions that could have been enacted. This is gun control plain and simple. Blocking importation of all ammo will soon be the next item on the agenda.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Post it up. 7.62 was ~$350 a case last week.
yeah confirmed academy, cabelas, bass pro, whatev all had 7.62x39 for .50c a round or more.
academy on nw exp had 5.45 a few days ago.
i'll just sit on muh 7n6 and never shoot anything unless i find something reasonable. :( and to think that used to be my range ammo.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom