S&W 36 Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was talking with one of our more seasoned gals at church, one thing leading to another and she asked if I’d mind cleaning her revolver. Poor thing wasn’t dirty it was gunky, so bad the cylinder/crane canted to the right when you tried to push it closed. Got it all squeaky clean inside and out with everything functioning as it should. Since we all like pictures of guns 😬 figured I’d share a few of this fine little .38 Spl Smith.
IMG_7389.jpeg
IMG_7388.jpeg
IMG_7390.jpeg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll bet that little gal was bought brand new by her husband way back in the 1940s, when Benny Goodman and Amos & Andy were on the radio.

A time when all the men wore suits and fedoras, the women all wore stockings with the seam running up the back and they absolutely loved it when you called em baby.

And the Smith & Wesson revolvers were all made one at a time by a true artist and craftsman at a workbench while wearing a leather apron. A true masterpiece!

Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good job! That’s also some pretty fancy engraving work in the first pic.
It happens. Folks thought of a gun in the same way they would as a hammer or wrench and I’ve seen plenty of those with initials engraved. Good thing is it’s really not deep and if someone would ever send it back for a factory bluing that wouldn’t be an issue.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really have no reason,,,
But I own three of those guns.

A blue snubbie, a blue 3", and a Nickel 3".

The first was a family buy,,,
The second was a great deal,,,
The third to match with a Model 34.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom