S&W Pre-Model 28

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to see lots of other S&W 28's go to the S&W Forum. http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-re...er-ranges-38.html?highlight=28+Highway+Patrol

The 4" is more desired than the 6". All originals are only in the brushed/part matte blue EXCEPT for a known handful in nickel. A specific gun's original box and tools add $$. Also do factory grips if original to the gun.

I had a 6 inch matte blue that I was lucky enough to find a four inch barrel off gunbroker that matched beautifully. I had Don Franson put the barrel on. It made for an awesome piece that I wish I still had...

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great old gun! From the pic's it looks like it may have been carefully reblued sometime; not unexpected in a gun that's been around some 60 years. 28's were designed and marketed as a gun to be carried and used.

Check the grip panel interior to see if the s/n is stamped into the wood. If so be extra careful with the grips.

Read up about ejector rod thread and wood polishes suitable on the S&W Forum.

The gun is "experienced" enough that you can go shoot it to your heart's content without damaging it's value. I'd keep it out of a kydex holster. Enjoy it!

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a couple of guys that are knowledgeable look at it, they say the finish is original. I got this on a whim, but don't think it's for me. Even more so now that my Son just told me he needs some work done on his truck.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a couple of guys that are knowledgeable look at it, they say the finish is original. I got this on a whim, but don't think it's for me. Even more so now that my Son just told me he needs some work done on his truck.

If I had the coin, I'd take it off your hands.

I think the old N frame .357 Magnums with the 4 inch snout are some of the best looking irons that Horace and Daniel ever put their names upon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom