S&W questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It feels like shooting a 22. I ran UMC target ammo out of it. A couple hundred rounds this week. This is how I shot from the 25 yard line with 50 rounds. I'll order different ammo the next time LAX advertises free shipping. I know I can tighten this up.

i.imgur.com_fkNVC8X.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rear sight is grooved into the top strap and the front sight is ramped, and part of the barrel. There is plenty of thickness for the barrel and top strap to be sent in and milled for Novaks. Crimson Trace makes a laser grip for it. The barrel has a liner, and the firing pin is internal.

i.imgur.com_ptZOnEO.jpg

i.imgur.com_dkk0L4c.jpg

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the 64 is the stainless version of the iconic model 15. the 64-8 was introduced in 2004. if you give me a serial number via pm, i can give you a precise year.
Very close, but the 64 is the stainless version of the model 10. The model 15 has adjustable rear sights. The stainless version of that would be the model 67.

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased the Model 60 when they first came out, 67 or 68, and I got the Model 64 in 70, then the....oh well, you get the idea. Still have them. It turned out well for S&W to take a gamble on making a firearm out of stainless. Good revolvers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom