Samaje Perine Breaks NCAA Record

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats to this guy. He played his butt off and his O line did their job all day long. It's always refreshing to see a humble guy do well in this age of showboat players. I hope his record lasts for a long time.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Perine would of started the game and played the whole 4th qtr. he would of had 500 yards for sure.
He might've, but he was one tired puppy by the middle of the third. You could see it when he wasn't breaking tackles he'd been breaking or bouncing runs he'd been bouncing earlier in the game--and when they caught him on that last run. The fact that he was so close to the record was the only reason he was still in the game when he broke the record, and the O-line and receiving corps were the reason he made it. He might've made 500 if he'd stayed in, but it looked to me like he was just about running on empty when he broke that last one. The kid's got a huge heart, that's for damn sure.

Betcha he slept well last night...

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The previous OU record was Greg Pruitt's 294 yard performance in 1971 against K-State. Adrian Peterson's best game at OU was 249 yards against OSU.

Perine ran for 242 yards against West VA this season. He hit T-Tech for 213. Throw in the Kansas game yesterday and he has 882 yards rushing in those 3 games. He has 546 yards rushing combined in the other 8 games. He has 1428 yards altogether.

Perine ran 25 times for 87 yards against TCU. 3 TDs.
Perine ran 24 times for 89 yards against K-State. 1 TD.
Perine ran 5 times for 21 yards against Baylor. 0 TD.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats to the O-line for making holes even I could run through. Perine did his part. But the O-line played thier best game.

Sent from Missile Silo 341A

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about the grumpy old men change their depends for a second.....

Anyone actually watch Perine this year? The kid is a beast... and he's a child. Give him some credit, they were a division I team that loaded the box, that also took TCU down to the wire, so they at least have SOME talent and physicality. Granted our O-line deserves a LOT of credit too.

Yes I have watched him this year and as good as he was in yesterday's game, the play at :28 of this video from last week is what really told me this kid was a stud and the real deal. Actually he has had a bunch of these this year but this one stands out in my mind. He's not as fast as Peterson but at 243lbs he can dish out even more punishment, still has good speed and his sense of balance is just ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an OU fan, but this record was set against a better than high school team, and was in response to the earlier record against Nebraska.

I think its shallow. Its not much different than a lot of "records" no matter if its football or whatever.

NU rushing defense 74th
KU rushing defense 84th
Not like either defense is world beaters, but don't act like Gordon did it against the 85 Bears and Perine was going against Edmond Santa Fe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom