Sand Plums

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey do deer eat sand plums???
We looked at a property yesterday we might lease and it had a couple big same plum thickets that are loaded right now. I know they won't be around by the time season hits but if we get it and deer eat those things then I might stick a trail cam on those thickets.

Yes they do eat sand plums.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We looked at a property yesterday we might lease and it had a couple big same plum thickets that are loaded right now. I know they won't be around by the time season hits but if we get it and deer eat those things then I might stick a trail cam on those thickets.

Yes and love to bed in them. You're giving away your potential lease location by the way................Kansas...sand plums.... :lookaroun

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine are loaded as well.

Its about time for the hogs to come in and clean things up too....

IMG_2359.JPG

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes and love to bed in them. You're giving away your potential lease location by the way................Kansas...sand plums.... :lookaroun

Damn I'm in trouble now lol
It's a good looking spot. 264WinMag went with us to look at it. It's got potential even though there was a lack of "deer sign"
But it's got a few cows on it right now.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Kansas.....grass.......rut. No deer sign now doesn't mean anything unless it's river bottom along ag fields and there's no sign, then I might wonder.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kansas.....grass.......rut. No deer sign now doesn't mean anything unless it's river bottom along ag fields and there's no sign, then I might wonder.

Ah we bow only one this place and it's more SE KS so it pasture and thick brushy timber on creek bottom.
With ag field next to it which we say a doe on at 2 pm lol
Didn't get to walk the edge of the bean field though, neighbors property.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see sand plums at draper lake and all along the oklahoma river go down past eastern avenue to 10 the street lots of sand plums.
I have no idea if these are ready yet, I have not been out looking for them ..probably will tomorrow though.
maybe i will go to tecumseh and find some ready.
Spray good with off spray as the chiggers are awfulllllllll.
I have got a few black berries already this year...those should be ready also.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Deer eat the heck out of them. I have 1/4 acre of them at one of the farms. Always deer tracks around them when they get ripe.
Another plus is that quail love plum thickets. Perfect loafing and dusting area for them.
If you want to make a plum thicket bigger, just disk around the outside of it. Wherever you cut a root, a new shoot will come up.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
4lbs of those plums from yesterday look a little different today. Dad and kids had a couple hours with nothing on the agenda today:)

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_21994_1403564546051_zpsdf831b24.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom