Saturday 3/30/19 lunch get-together in OKC - come on down!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Danny brought me a burger yesterday. it was the chili burger. i haven't been out there to eat for several months. make no mistake, i scarfed the burger Danny so graciously brought, but something in the kitchen has changed. the burger was certainly grease slathered, not near the quality i was used to. they used to have hand cut fries, but I hear they are now regular old machine cut. one bright spot for all the grease it does lube your innards. if i get the chance, unlikely, i will check them out in person and inquire as to why they have become a grease joint

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the interest of full disclosure, here you go. Taken a few days ago at Cafe Kacao at 33rd and N. Classen in OKC. See? Told you suckers I was good lookin’ as well as smart.
11a189b020da52e396ecfedd5f65384d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bastardo! I have been drooling over that place. I tried to get The Wife to go last fall before we flew out to Rome, but she made us go to IHOP because it was close and we were running late - as usual.

Then I was thinking about it this weekend, but we ended up at Whiskey Cake instead.

ONE of these days, I'm gonna get over there and try that place! I think you have to probably go EARLY, though, which means I'll NEVER get to go, since it takes my family a freaking MONTH to get ready in the morning. Not to mention not wanting to get out of bed until 9 or later in the first place!!!

How was it?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cafe Kacao was, and is, absolutely excellent. We go there probably once a week. They are always jammed; best thing to do is get the Yelp App, then you can check to see how long the wait it and “get in line” from home, or wherever. It is primarily Guatemalan food, everything in the menu is available for either breakfast or lunch, they close at 2:00 pm. My favorites are:
-Cuban Omelette
-Cobanero Omelette
-Chilaquiles
-French Toast (simply awesome)
- Friends with Benedict

They have the best foo-foo coffees ever, according to the wife. If you do get a chance, get that Yelp app and get in line... I guarantee you a fine culinary experience!

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cafe Kacao was, and is, absolutely excellent. We go there probably once a week. They are always jammed; best thing to do is get the Yelp App, then you can check to see how long the wait it and “get in line” from home, or wherever. It is primarily Guatemalan food, everything in the menu is available for either breakfast or lunch, they close at 2:00 pm. My favorites are:
-Cuban Omelette
-Cobanero Omelette
-Chilaquiles
-French Toast (simply awesome)
- Friends with Benedict

They have the best foo-foo coffees ever, according to the wife. If you do get a chance, get that Yelp app and get in line... I guarantee you a fine culinary experience!

We ate there on your recommendation. Pretty good eats! Always crowded.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pass on the Scotch bonnet. We had some pelau made with that once and while I was able to choke it down, it was... enlightening, to say the least! lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom