Saw my first OCer yesterday...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mrs GED and I were in Shawnee Walmart yesterday afternoon around 1 o'clock or so. I saw a couple shopping with a newborn baby. After a few minutes, we wound up on the same aisle as the couple. That's when I noticed he had a Ruger P90 on his hip. It might have been a P95 or something, but it was definitely a Ruger P series stainless pistol.

We walked by the couple and immediately Mrs GED start goo-gooing and gaa-gaaing at the baby. I did too (to an extent) then I made the comment to the guy, "he sure is a cutie!" to which the guy answered, "thanks."

Then I said, "I was talking about your Ruger P90!"

He laughed and said, "a man after my own heart."

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went on a trip to Sedona Arizona last year and saw a guy with a High Standard derringer in the front of his belt and a revolver of some caliber on his hip walking along with his wife on the sidewalk with all the tourists. I didn't say anything to the guy but I sure wondered (it was before OC in OK) but later I asked someone from AZ how was it and they said they could carry legally in AZ but it couldn't be concealed. I dunno if that is true or not but that's what they said.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was out in Arizona about a year ago carrying, spoke with an officer one day who was waiting for someone to finish something up and he said it was open or conceal without permit. Just a little more limited than a person with a permit, can't remember the exact details but I think some have to deal with school zones.

I pretty much open carry whenever I am out. Had to take the wife to get some papers copied and mail something off and I walked around downtown Guthrie today. My only real foray into conceal was when we went to Wichita Falls for her neurologist appointment and all I can say is that it's kinda uncomfortable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom