Saw this posted today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it's just really shady. Active Duty is not really supposed to be organized like that on American Soil. And it talks about it in there. Just really weird, why they'd have a need for that.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since my tinfoil hat is slightly out of adjustment still, can someone explain why this is so horrific?

b. Support of civilian law enforcement agencies by DoD personnel shall be provided in accordance with sections 112, 351, 831, 1116, 1751, and 1385(also known and hereinafter referred to as “The Posse Comitatus Act, as amended”) of title 18, U.S.C.(Reference (n)); chapter 18 of Reference (d); section 1970 of title 2, U.S.C. (Reference (o)) (for support to the U.S. Capitol Police); and other Federal laws, including those protecting the civil rights and civil liberties of individuals, as applicable.

Emphasis added is mine.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sigh...

This DoD Instruction repeatedly references legal limits upon what actions and/or under what circumstances military forces may interact with civilian law enforcement. In fact, it seems to me that it was written to be very respectful of the restrictions which must be observed (including detailing the 2 year jail term possible for violating such limits) whenever the military is used in support of civilian law enforcement activity.

The DoDI does have a paragraph that basically allows, under very limited circumstances, military commanders to establish control of an area given in case of an emergency, when out of communications, and in dire need (all have to apply not just one) - bringing to mind when San Francisco was basically under practical, if not formal, martial law after the great earthquake of 1906 for a short while. However, if one actually reads the document you will see that it spends more time outlining restrictions and what may not be done than what is permissible - I would think that that type of emphasis would make folks more, not less, secure feeling.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since my tinfoil hat is slightly out of adjustment still, can someone explain why this is so horrific?

Emphasis added is mine.

Sigh...

This DoD Instruction repeatedly references legal limits upon what actions and/or under what circumstances military forces may interact with civilian law enforcement. In fact, it seems to me that it was written to be very respectful of the restrictions which must be observed (including detailing the 2 year jail term possible for violating such limits) whenever the military is used in support of civilian law enforcement activity.

The DoDI does have a paragraph that basically allows, under very limited circumstances, military commanders to establish control of an area given in case of an emergency, when out of communications, and in dire need (all have to apply not just one) - bringing to mind when San Francisco was basically under practical, if not formal, martial law after the great earthquake of 1906 for a short while. However, if one actually reads the document you will see that it spends more time outlining restrictions and what may not be done than what is permissible - I would think that that type of emphasis would make folks more, not less, secure feeling.

Cant you plainly see that the parts you are referencing are purely an attempt to deceive you and the rest of the document that promotes martial law is the truth.

During the LA riots a Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force (SPMAGTF) was created to help quell the riot. Nothing too bad came out of that. Oh i know that everyone will bring up Katrina. People, both military and civilian, were doing stupid things in the aftermath. There were plenty of active duty military units in the New Orleans area helping rescue stranded people and get supplies out to displaced people. I think most people forget that during large disasters and civil unrest the military is one of the quicker options to help get the unrest to stop and or provide food, water, and shelter for those in need. It is far from a perfect plan but it does get the basic needs in place pretty quick.

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sigh...

:thanku:

Latest posts

Top Bottom