SB 1098 - Disallowing regulation for certain firearm suppressor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are cheap in other countries because they are disposable. They are expensive here cause they are made to last a couple of lifetimes. You don't want to go through the hassle every couple hundred rounds.
My guy told me the suppressors he bought in South Africa were the same brand and models sold in the US.
I’m sure there are disposable’s as well. Not doubting your story at all.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They cost more here due to pricing of a commodity. Remember the tales of lobster being trash food in old New England? If I could buy a can or 5 without the hassle of a trust and waiting period then I’d grab a few. As it is they regulated it to those who’ll pay the cost plus the other inconveniences.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually you can. But it still takes a Form 1 (or4) tax stamp approval ($200).

But, for all intents and purposes, it isn't the same as building your own gun which doesn't require any government involvement whatsoever. When a person can build their own suppressor without any government involvement/interference, then it'll be the same as building your own gun. That is my desire sans the complete extrication of all infringements on the RKBA.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom