"Scorched earth" vegetation killer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will admit that I am not nearly as cautious as I should be when using any chemicals. I've got some in my garage cabinets that have been around (and, some, off the market) for many years. I've got MSMA and two different jugs of glyphosate. I did not realize that MSMA could be that hazardous. Thanks for the enlightenment!
Arsenic stores in fat cells I've been told, so you may never know you have it in you until you burn some fat off and its released in a larger dose after all the yeas of messing with it and being careless as I was. I got divorced 5 years ago and started to lose about 30 lbs and went bad from there. Almost kilt me and I'm convinced that was the culprit for my colon disease.
Hindsight...

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I used MSMA often to treat my pasture and kill certain grasses. Always got it on hands when mixing and just rinsed it off and it would burn. Found out that it absorbs into the skin. I believe to this day thats the reason I had my rotten colon taken out last year.
BE CAREFUL, these chemicals are dangerous and I was young and dumb. Use gloves and a face shield when messing with it. 2-4d is basically what was used in Vietnam as a defoliant and alot of the men in that war have lingering nervous system disorders

Yeah I spray about 20k-25k gallons of glyphos, 2-4d, Brash, Ally and Grazeonext per year

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used MSMA often to treat my pasture and kill certain grasses. Always got it on hands when mixing and just rinsed it off and it would burn. Found out that it absorbs into the skin. I believe to this day thats the reason I had my rotten colon taken out last year.
BE CAREFUL, these chemicals are dangerous and I was young and dumb. Use gloves and a face shield when messing with it. 2-4d is basically what was used in Vietnam as a defoliant and alot of the men in that war have lingering nervous system disorders

Dioxin was the main culprit that caused agent orange.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is at least 20 yrs old if not older MSMA.

146ae2ec0b77055cd98aa2a7845081a8.jpg

070a4936af5db0c0cad7ef7414c1aa4e.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I never disagreed with the chemical content you posted originally.
What I’m saying is that the chemical Dioxin which is contained in agent orange is what caused the majority of military and civilian illnesses and subsequent deaths.

Agent Orange is a herbicide and defoliant chemical, one of the "tactical use" Rainbow Herbicides. It is widely known for its use by the U.S. military as part of its chemical warfare program, Operation Ranch Hand, during the Vietnam War from 1961 to 1971. It is a mixture of equal parts of two herbicides, 2,4,5-T and 2,4-D. In addition to its damaging environmental effects, traces of dioxin (mainly TCDD, the most toxic of its type)[3] found in the mixture have caused major health problems for many individuals who were exposed.

I’ll be more than happy to flood this thread with dozens of direct links showing how Dioxins were the main issue in Agent Orange.

Latest posts

Top Bottom