SCOTUS Rules In Favor Of Marriage Equality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Likely so. I guess i should have asked how you feel it has been redefined exactly.

Also, if you're interested in an interesting book, and haven't already read it, check out "The Professor and the Madman"

it's the story of the oxford english dictionary and how words came to mean the things they do.

Leave "marriage" as it is but make the civil union inclusive of marriage “rights”. Interesting that this is what Elton John had suggested (before he got “married”).

Thanks for the book tip! Will check that out.

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
image.jpg

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So instead of addressing your efforts to express your bias towards people who may believe differently than you, you come back with a non sequitur analogy that at best is a fifth grade retort?

Trying to keep it simple for you since you obviously have no concept of the world around you or the hatred that religion spreads. I've told you already, pick up a paper....it's not a secret. I don't need to argue my point, the world around us is my evidence. World history and current events have more than justified this fact. You just choose to hide your head in the sand.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
most organized religions end up preaching intolerance. "You are wrong because you are not a catholic-jew-Baptist-whatever like me", most wars have been fought over some sort of religion. Humans are pretty stupid for the most part. A person can be intelligent, a human is a dumb, sketchy animal that freaks out when things change, that is just the truth.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leave "marriage" as it is but make the civil union inclusive of marriage “rights”. Interesting that this is what Elton John had suggested (before he got “married”).

"Marriage is a personal relation arising out of a civil contract to which the consent of parties legally competent of contracting and of entering into it is necessary, and the marriage relation shall only be entered into, maintained or abrogated as provided by law." 43 O.S. 1, Revised Laws of 1910. Check it for yourself.

Tell me how the definition has changed.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You fellas are as dense as bricks. Arguing over what a non-living, non-human, non-entity "says" to do. Ya'll living in Plato's Cave. I can understand the position of those who reject the idea of the Creator existing but reading what so called religious people write who are living and obeying dictates of a non-existent shadow world is priceless. Your master is not God but yourselves and the fools you choose to be your masters. Simply priceless. :)
Quit sending your taxes in to the "non-living, non-human, non-entity" then. Philosophy is fun to play with if you don't have to live with the consequences of your actions.

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Quit sending your taxes in to the "non-living, non-human, non-entity" then. Philosophy is fun to play with if you don't have to live with the consequences of your actions.

Philosophy is fun. :) As it is, I don't send taxes to the beast, it's taken without my permission. But come every April 15 I manage it to get it all back. Silly game but it is what it is. At least I'm cognizant that gubers with guns are willing to use physical force against me to ensure they get paid with stolen money under their employ of the fictional beast. But hey, we live in a "free" country so it's all good, lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom