Judge rules in favor of corner-crossing hunters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choprzrul

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is easily solved by placing a 'travel easement' on the edge of parcels for the purpose of providing public access to public property. Can't trespass if there's an easement....

The original intent of the checkerboard pattern was surely not to prohibit access to public grounds.....the federal government wanted those lands to be homesteaded/settled after all. That in itself, to me, would seem to support an implied easement/access to those parcels.

The landowners are going to screw around and end up policies dictated by the courts that they really hate....

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is easily solved by placing a 'travel easement' on the edge of parcels for the purpose of providing public access to public property. Can't trespass if there's an easement....

The original intent of the checkerboard pattern was surely not to prohibit access to public grounds.....the federal government wanted those lands to be homesteaded/settled after all. That in itself, to me, would seem to support an implied easement/access to those parcels.

The landowners are going to screw around and end up policies dictated by the courts that they really hate....

I was just going to post the same thing. He's lost at every turn, and he'll try to circumvent the eventual ruling somehow. He's going to FA until he FO and forces the government to declare imminent domain and create a travel easement with a maintained .gov road around or thru every piece of property he owns. Douche bag has it coming.

Hunter's licenses & fees pay for that public land. Restricting access for the benefit of a single landowner should be criminal. It's going to reduce the value of his land by $9mm dollars because the government is going to take back 20,000 acres he's pirated from the public. Cry me a river, ya F'ing azzhole.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see how that's anything near a reasonable interpretation of what happened here, especially when he was the one who was trying the get those hunters bent over.
Those hunters trespassed, plain and simple.

In the early days of land ownership they explained a person who owned land owned "to the heavens above and to the depths of hell".

When airplanes came to being the government stole a easment from the land owners. If I remember corectly that easment starts at 600 feet and goes higher. Land owners and future generations get the shaft!

Eminent domain = Land owners get the shaft

Easement by necessity = Land owner gets the shaft

Property taxes = Land owner gets the shaft

So in ruling corner crossing is ok, I say once again the private land owner got the shaft

This is easily solved by placing a 'travel easement' on the edge of parcels for the purpose of providing public access to public property.

A better solution is forcing the government to sell land-locked land holdings to a bordering private land owner for fair market value!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom