Screen name origins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trung Si Ma

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trung Si Ma was my first nickname in the Army. It's Viet for "Sergeant Ghost" but I've also been told it could also mean "Evil Spirit Sergeant".

The avatar is the shoulder sleeve insignia for my last "normal" infantry assignment, Co C (Abn) 4th Bn 9th Inf at Fort Wainwright, AK superimposed on a set of Master Jump Wings.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trung Si Ma was my first nickname in the Army. It's Viet for "Sergeant Ghost" but I've also been told it could also mean "Evil Spirit Sergeant".

The avatar is the shoulder sleeve insignia for my last "normal" infantry assignment, Co C (Abn) 4th Bn 9th Inf at Fort Wainwright, AK superimposed on a set of Master Jump Wings.
Your are correct. In Vietnamese 'Trung Si' = Sergeant & 'Ma' = Ghost.

358norma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worked in a gun shop a bunch of years ago. We had 5 boxes of 358 norma ammo on the shelf. Started doing a little reading about the caliber and thought that looks cool. Bought the ammo and started working on a rifle build around it. Built that one about 30 years ago and have done similar things since. You can see where that kind of thinking has me on a gun forum!

Latest posts

Top Bottom