Screw You Alpha tango&Tango... (Quick Review of Republic Wireless)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To anybody that is looking to spend less on cell phone service, I suggest checking out the service that my wife and I have been testing for the last couple of weeks.

http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/2BFYtb

We were spending $125/month for At&t with 200 Mb each of data and unlimited talk/text. The plan we are on now is $25/month EACH for UNLIMITED everything, talk/text/web.

Upside is obviously the cost, no contracts and perfectly acceptable coverage (I've noticed no coverage difference between them and At&t, even though Republic runs on Sprint's network). Downsides, because there is no contract, you have to pay full retail for the phone, and you only have one choice of phones at the moment (albeit a really good one IMO), MotoX@$300. Also, right now, they have no provisions for reactivating a used phone which is crappy, but they promise that will be taken care of by the end of this quarter. This is probably the most aggravating thing for me because I don't like the idea of having a mini-tablet if I chose in a few months that I don't like the service. But, the $300 I spent on it will break even in just a few months anyhow. Still, they better take care of it.

I personally haven't really had any other issues, but my wife has had trouble with them going through to a couple of people. We'll see if we can get that worked out. It is only on picture messages to two different people though.

The link posted above is a referral link and it gives you a $19 credit, and me too, IF YOU LIKE THE SERVICE... nothing if you don't like it. The email they sent out yesterday says that they are doing away with this referral process on the 28th of this month, so if you want the $19 credit, don't wait around too long. My initial plan was to test the phone out for a month or two before recommending it to anybody, but since they're ending the program and thus far, I've been perfectly happy with it, I'd just assume use the link while we can.

Lastly, you have a 30 day trial period, if you don't like it, just send the phone back to them and get all of your money back, other than $8 or $9 shipping.

Anyhow, it makes no matter to me if I get the referral credit or not... it would be nice and I won't complain about getting them, but I'm telling you, if you want more money to save up for some .22 ammo......... this might be one way to help get there. I say give it a try for a couple weeks without porting your original number to it, decide if you like it, then port your number. That's how we did it, that way there was no interruption in our service on our original numbers.

They have four different pricing options, $5 for unlimited talk/text/web over wi-fi only (pretty much a worthless plan IMO, but maybe it works well for some people), $10 for unlimited talk/text with no web, $25 for unlimited talk/text/3G data and $40 for unlimited talk/text/4G data.

Anyway, see what you think and I'll answer any questions for you I can if you have any. There are some things that kinda piss me off about them, but compared to the other company, I can live with the minor irritations.

:gun1:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I switched to Republic Wireless several months ago and have, for the most part, been pleased with them. I had a problem getting ahold of them on-line and did a quick google for "republic wireless scams" ... about 10 minutes of searching finally netted me the parent company's number to their customer service phone bank. Boy was she not happy when I wouldn't take no for an answer ... But ... I do have the CEO's name, e-mail and phone number now ... :naughty: And once I got past the CSR's they fixed my problem ... Everything else has been peachy-keen.

Oh ... one last thing ... if you watch their website and wait you can catch them running specials on the phones. I got a new phone and service for a lump sum of $80 IIRC ... Phone was marked down from retail because they were fixing to come out with a different offer. My phone bill is now a flat $22 and some change every month.

ATT can go stuff it ... GC is still with them and they are still screwing us over ... We've stopped dealing with them on the phone and just go to the office at Rockwell and NW Expressway now. Fixing to be the fourth time in four months when GC starts his days' off this week ... :grumble: It's gotten so bad that the staff their cring when they see our vehicle pull into the parking lot and won't even make eye contact with us until one of us finally forces them to. Bastards ... :grumble: :grumble:

I ****ing HATE AT&T ...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ****ing HATE AT&T ...
I have Sprint, so I don't deal with them for cellular, but I am not a fan of the Death Star. It's really weird, though--I know plenty of good people who work for AT&T, but their company is such a steaming pile of dung that it makes the Black Hole of Calcutta look like a Caribbean tropical paradise.

Back in the '90s, there was a local competitor in the land-line market, specializing in business phone service. I've forgotten their name, but their tag line in their ads was "remember, every one of our customers fired Southwestern Bell!" If I had a useful alternative to AT&T DSL, I'd fire their sorry butts, too...:grumble:

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never had any problem with AT&T. Been with them for like 15-20 years now. I guess maybe because we've been with them so long is why are rates are low. :anyone:

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I switched to Republic Wireless several months ago and have, for the most part, been pleased with them. I had a problem getting ahold of them on-line and did a quick google for "republic wireless scams" ... about 10 minutes of searching finally netted me the parent company's number to their customer service phone bank. Boy was she not happy when I wouldn't take no for an answer ... But ... I do have the CEO's name, e-mail and phone number now ... :naughty: And once I got past the CSR's they fixed my problem ... Everything else has been peachy-keen.

Oh ... one last thing ... if you watch their website and wait you can catch them running specials on the phones. I got a new phone and service for a lump sum of $80 IIRC ... Phone was marked down from retail because they were fixing to come out with a different offer. My phone bill is now a flat $22 and some change every month.

ATT can go stuff it ... GC is still with them and they are still screwing us over ... We've stopped dealing with them on the phone and just go to the office at Rockwell and NW Expressway now. Fixing to be the fourth time in four months when GC starts his days' off this week ... :grumble: It's gotten so bad that the staff their cring when they see our vehicle pull into the parking lot and won't even make eye contact with us until one of us finally forces them to. Bastards ... :grumble: :grumble:

I ****ing HATE AT&T ...

Right???

I equate AT&T with dealing with a health insurance company.... which I'm pretty sure you know what that's like. :)

What were your issues with RW before?? I assume you're on the old phone and plan, right?

I have Sprint, so I don't deal with them for cellular, but I am not a fan of the Death Star. It's really weird, though--I know plenty of good people who work for AT&T, but their company is such a steaming pile of dung that it makes the Black Hole of Calcutta look like a Caribbean tropical paradise.

Back in the '90s, there was a local competitor in the land-line market, specializing in business phone service. I've forgotten their name, but their tag line in their ads was "remember, every one of our customers fired Southwestern Bell!" If I had a useful alternative to AT&T DSL, I'd fire their sorry butts, too...:grumble:

Well, I remember Southwestern Bell and......... maybe, MCI??

Try it though, heck, you're already with Sprint so you already know the coverage in your area. Might save you a couple bucks.
http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/2BFYtb

Took me a long time to finally pull the trigger, but once Clark Howard gave it the thumbs up, I took a chance.

Att and cox are in the same boat for me. Wish someone would sink it they both suck, they both get too much of my money.

DEW IT!

Since they are contracted to use sprint's network no way Jose. I'll stay with Verizon and my iPhone.

Yeah, I've never went the Iphone route, so that had no bearing on me.

I've never had any problem with AT&T. Been with them for like 15-20 years now. I guess maybe because we've been with them so long is why are rates are low. :anyone:

Yeah, my sister and BIL still have AT&T's original unlimited internet/text/talk plan from a LONG time ago... I always tell them to use as much of it as they can, at least somebody will be getting my money's worth!

Latest posts

Top Bottom