Scroll saw speed control?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son in law gave me an older Delta scroll saw last year. The speed control is messed up on it and I want to replace it. Delta only sells the part with a new board but at a much higher price than I can afford.

Does anyone know where I can get a decent rheostat at a reasonable price? I can splice the 3 wires or solder if need be.

Thanks. Trying to find things the docs will let me do besides sit on my a$$ all the time.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son in law gave me an older Delta scroll saw last year. The speed control is messed up on it and I want to replace it. Delta only sells the part with a new board but at a much higher price than I can afford.

Does anyone know where I can get a decent rheostat at a reasonable price? I can splice the 3 wires or solder if need be.

Thanks. Trying to find things the docs will let me do besides sit on my a$$ all the time.

Rick I use a Harbor Freight router speed controller on my Bosch electric die grinder. Cheap and it works fine.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are talking about the control pot itself right?
Might check Digikey and see if you can find one of the same value that you might be able to cluge into the saw.

If you use an external speed control you will need to bypass the built in circuitry so it runs full boat all the time. This is assuming it is a 110 volt AC saw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom