Scumbag Poachers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need to list all the poached deer we hear about. Maybe some will be duplicates (I hope)
We need to make mental notes of the areas they are in so the GW knows. If anyone on here ever hears through the grapevine let your GW know!
I've heard of several through the years that they didn't know about. Sometimes landowners and hunters can turn a lead into an arrest.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep my GW on the favorites list. His wife hunts the quarter next to me, so I'm sure when I see road hunters, she does too.

Yea me too, and knowing the warden you're talking about, we've had that exact conversation. Not a smart poacher that does it on the GWs wife's spot! Hell has no fury!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She is around the section from me, but she can monitor that road, while I do the other. Its amazing how many come down the road slowly, stopping on occasion with my tower blind in full sight.
I'll take the orange vest and wave it out the window and they speed off. LOL...

I try to call our GW with the color of the vehicle, and if they have a loud exhaust, diesel, or whatever. I keep a Leopold spotting scope with me in the blind, to help get more info. Can't get the tag numbers though. Just a little too far away.

Drove up behind a pickup last fall with two guys that were out with rifles trying to get a shot at a doe running across the neighbors. They were so concentrated on it, that they never saw/heard me drive up behind them, until I shut my door. They jumped back in and hauled butt getting out of there. Not fast enough to get the tag # though.

They technically didn't do anything wrong since they didn't shoot, but they still got a phone call.

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the hardest thing to do..... To let them shoot, then it's just a signed affidavit and go to jail card.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a few poach a nice buck off my wheat field opening night last year. I let it go past me waiting on a bigger one. this one was real nice. At dark I heard shots and turned to see them spotlighting. I almost caught them as they came around the section again. I got the deer as they drug it to the ditch. I was all shot up. Really pissed me off. They also were shooting my direction. If I had a good 50cal. a would have taken out the trucks engine and asked questions later.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Game warden has reported 4 headless deer found dumped in Caddo County. 2 in one spot and 2 in another.

I wish they would post convicted offenders of poaching in the next years hunting regulations. Kinda like the "Jailbirds" paper that is commonly seen in convenience stores. That might help others recognize the slobs in 5here area.

Jeremy1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Game warden has reported 4 headless deer found dumped in Caddo County. 2 in one spot and 2 in another.

I wish they would post convicted offenders of poaching in the next years hunting regulations. Kinda like the "Jailbirds" paper that is commonly seen in convenience stores. That might help others recognize the slobs in 5here area.

Thats is a good idea!!! Seriously..... The misery is the waste!!! Just for the heads? That sucks. Hope they can make a case on someone for this!

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Do you happen to know around what area or town? All my hunting spots are in Caddo County.

Latest posts

Top Bottom