Sda appeal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
After 5 months of waiting ( had to redo fingerprints), I finaly got my letter in the mail. DENIED. So I got denied for something I was never ticketed,arrested or charged for. The letter states that I can appeal within 60 days. I have an appointment with my attorney tomorrow. My question is........has anyone ever went through the appeal process?

Newbie_

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually it was all worked out. I just called OSBI before I went to my attorney and I was advised that I can resend my app again due to the reason I was denied. There were two things that I didn't remember b/c it was so long ago that I didnt have on my app. So I was told b/c it wasn't anything big, that I could resend another app with fees of course and it would be taken care of.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSBI warns in big print on their website, as well as on a flier included in their applicant packet that they will deny, with no refund of $$, if anything is left out. They don't allow mistakes (almost always honest ones) on the applicant's part.

Below is a quote from OSBI website:
"IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL APPLICANTS TO REVIEW ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND PRECLUSIONS IN THE LAW BEFORE SUBMITTING A CONCEALED WEAPON LICENSE APPLICATION. IF IT IS DETERMINED DURING PROCESSING THAT AN APPLICANT HAS NOT MET ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS OR IF ANY OF THE PRECLUSIONS ARE FOUND TO PERTAIN TO THE APPLICANT, THE APPLICATION WILL BE DENIED AND THE PROCESSING FEE WILL NOT BE REFUNDED."

The "you can reapply and pass, provided you list this thing we found" is often the OSBI's reply. They get to keep your first application fee for their trouble digging up the old (or missed) item.

Oklahoma is strict; other states are stricter. One state will forever preclude you from their license if miss listing something on your application.

JRad33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a dumbass kid when I got out of highschool and starting college and got arrested. I made sure I listed everything honestly and had no problem getting my license. I do have the dreaded "delay" everytime I purchase a gun though. Just make sure you are honest when you fill out your app and as long as you are not a convicted felon you will be good to go. Good luck with your second wait its way too long first time...

Latest posts

Top Bottom