Secret gun-right provision in Obamacare??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is all over FB now. I haven't been able to find the exact section in the Obamacare bill they're talking about.

OBAMACARE AMENDMENT FORBIDS GUN AND AMMO REGISTRATION

Good news -- it has become known that hidden deep within the massive 2800-page bill called Obamacare there is a Senate Amendment protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According to reports, that amendment says the government cannot collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

CNN is calling it "a gift to the nation's powerful gun lobby."

And according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), that's exactly right. He says he added the provision in order to keep the NRA from getting involved in the legislative fight over Obamacare, which was so ubiquitous in 2010.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...e-Obamacare-Forbids-Gun-and-Ammo-Registration

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It reads like they just can't ask you any firearms related questions in relation to your doctor or health insurance. I may be wrong, though.

(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS- A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to–`(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or`(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.`(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION- None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to–`(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition;`(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or`(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.`(3) LIMITATION ON DATABASES OR DATA BANKS- None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.`(4) LIMITATION ON DETERMINATION OF PREMIUM RATES OR ELIGIBILITY FOR HEALTH INSURANCE- A premium rate may not be increased, health insurance coverage may not be denied, and a discount, rebate, or reward offered for participation in a wellness program may not be reduced or withheld under any health benefit plan issued pursuant to or in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act on the basis of, or on reliance upon–`(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or`(B) the lawful use or storage of a firearm or ammunition.`(5) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUALS- No individual shall be required to disclose any information under any data collection activity authorized under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act relating to–`(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or`(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition.’.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep saying I don't see Reid risking his A-rating over something like a pointless cosmetic feature ban.

Word on the street is that he's furious with the NRA for not supporting his last re-election campaign strongly enough (the NRA was getting heavy flak for supporting him at all), and that he's done caring what the NRA wants.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really can't see ObamaCare having something like this in it. Do you really think Obama would let that happen? Or his team of gun grabbers from checking the document over and over to make sure that nothing was done to alter it. It is hard to swallow that would be allowed. It would be nice but I doubt it.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really can't see ObamaCare having something like this in it. Do you really think Obama would let that happen? Or his team of gun grabbers from checking the document over and over to make sure that nothing was done to alter it. It is hard to swallow that would be allowed. It would be nice but I doubt it.

You have to pass it to see what's in it. Duh!

@toehanus

Latest posts

Top Bottom