Security Cam Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ring doorbell cam and floodlight cam is $400, that's about the same as a full 4 camera system. What if someone snatches your ding dong cam? You got their picture but the got your camera. Seems like it would be easy for someone to put on a mask, grab you cam, come back in a week while your waiting for a new one.

They use security screws to lower the risk, and if it is stolen, they will replace it.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry I could not reply sooner, had a slight oopsie on the computer.

I had a Funlux system, they are made by Zmodo. I just got off the phone and seems like litigation will be needed to get it replaced, along with the 3 TV's but that is a different story.

The cheap systems have drastically improved I would have to get up and look at the name on what I am using now but the inner workings I would be willing to bet are Zmodo. The thing is to swap out the cameras from 760 TVL up to the much better and still cheap 1500 TVL makes a huge difference when viewing.

My system is wired, it only goes online when we are out of the house, to be viewed on the phone and get alerts. No hacking at all that way. I had two separate systems for added security and was still under $325 but when the main DVR took a power surge it was toast.

Here is a 8 cam system with the 1500 TVL cams and a 1TB HDD.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SANNCE-8CH...751130&hash=item25b2bee122:g:w0oAAOSwGhZZuezi

For less than $200 they are very workable.

I looked and the above DVR is what I have now.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Zmodo looks pretty good for the $, I am torn between it and the Reo, Reo being more expensive, but supposedly higher res

On the one I use, Zmodo working it has a setting for resolution, the default is set to use less HDD space, but you can go in and set it to HD, huge difference in pictures.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the one I use, Zmodo working it has a setting for resolution, the default is set to use less HDD space, but you can go in and set it to HD, huge difference in pictures.

Right, but Reo seems to have the highest optical resolution between the two. I am more concerned with quality vs quantity. Other than that, they seem pretty comparable.

Absster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the ring doorbell and plan to get 2 of the floodlights. It's pretty good quality. I'm not sure on reading a tag as ours faces towards a perpendicular street about 75-100ft away. For me, I'm a stay at home mom and I like the ability to answer the door without actually answering it. Letting people know I'm home without walking up to the windows next to the door. Or even making it appear I'm home when I'm not.

As for the Ring doorbells on battery, I didn't see great reviews with them. The prob is that everyone seemed to talk about was that there was a lag with the battery operated ones. The wired doorbells are really easy to install if you already have a doorbell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom