Seeking the Forum's Wisdom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suggest that you state your point upfront in the first paragraph. As I start reading the article, I can't see where you are going.

Also try to streamline paragraphs two and three, reducing the amount of statistics.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to see some background information and stats on how many lives are saved by the use of firearms, as opposed to how many are taken. In general, firearms are used to save more lives than they take.

There are some great stats on "How Guns Save Lives" on the GOA website: http://gunowners.org/sk0802.htm

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it, it's not likely to change the minds of any anti-gun folks because they are usually rules by emotion rather than fact, but it might sway those who are on the fence.

Bhop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Obama should ban guns for ever.
didnt u hear? he did, ur suppose to turn all of ur guns over to me, ill make sure he gets what he wants.

I like your story. have to agree about stats about number of lives guns save, or number of lives taken by weapons of leos just to give abetter idea of the actual percentages

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would help a bit to find some more current information. I know 2005 seems like yesterday but that was 7 years ago. I'm sure the statistics are similar or even lower.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would help a bit to find some more current information. I know 2005 seems like yesterday but that was 7 years ago. I'm sure the statistics are similar or even lower.

That's why I removed the Kleck study stats from my column. Since that 2.5 million number of defensive uses was estimated about 15 years ago. I guess I could go check out CDC for current gun violence numbers though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom