Sensitive thread I guess, but what weapons did the shooter at Ft Hood use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okjoek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This whole thing is an insight to what will happen when the politicians get gun control. I don't believe they will stop until they do. The one person breaking the law has a weapon, all the law abiding citizens are unarmed targets.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One thing I don't understand is why civilian cops were on the scene faster than MP's. Never been in the armed forces so I really don't understand the role of the MP's. Seem's as though MP's should be stationed throughout the base.

It's a states rights issue. Federalized troops without governor's call up violates state laws. On an open post it's a no no.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's a states rights issue. Federalized troops without governor's call up violates state laws. On an open post it's a no no.

Thats for National Guard. The governor has no say on active duty troops. MP's used to perform all law enforcement duties on post, but due to the needs of both conflicts these military police units have been streched very thin, so DOD, and contract police forces have been brought onto military bases to assume the normal duties of the MP's.

Auctioneer Ed

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "civilian police" most likely was a Department of the Army Civilian Police Officer (DACP). There are DASG (Department of the Army Security Guard) and several military installations have CSG (Contract Security Guard). As the Military Police are being deployed to Iran, Iraq, Afganistan, and all over the world. The Military is hiring civilians for "garrison" law enforcement & security duties so the MP's can train to fight & stay alive in the combat zones.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "civilian police" most likely was a Department of the Army Civilian Police Officer (DACP). There are DASG (Department of the Army Security Guard) and several military installations have CSG (Contract Security Guard). As the Military Police are being deployed to Iran, Iraq, Afganistan, and all over the world. The Military is hiring civilians for "garrison" law enforcement & security duties so the MP's can train to fight & stay alive in the combat zones.

I didn't know we had MP's deployed to Iran. :wink2:

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay smart aleck! Do we have an embassy there? I'll bet a box of 9mm that there is an MP pulling guard duty....maybe a USMC MP but there is a Military Police presence. There!

Whoa pal, did you not notice the little smiley (:wink2:) I put at the end of my post? It meant I was just messing with you. It is the internet after all.

As for an embassy in Iran, here is the State Department's list of U.S. embassies throughtout the world http://www.usembassy.gov/. I do not see one in Iran. Might have something to do with the fact that the Iranians took over our embassy 30 years ago and held our people hostage for 400+ days.

You can PM me for my address to send the box of 9mm to. :wink2:

In case you don't realize it, I am messing with you about the box of 9mm.

pdunagan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like this topic alot, this could easily be expanded into why the 2nd ammendment is so important. Had anyone in the area where this had occurred was armed and capable with his or her weapon, I seriously doubt this guy would have been able to fire the number of rounds he did.

I lived in Killeen in the mid-nineties when the Luby's incident took place (google it) and I can tell you there would be a few people alive today had someone in that restaurant been armed.

My brother is an Officer for one of the nearby cities next to post, he was working as a school officer the day of the shooting on post and he was among the guys that responded. He did say that there were many Killeen and Harker Heights PD guys that were working on post that day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom