Sgt. Everett's Elliot Everett dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is awful to hear. His place of business was iconic in Norman and Moore.

I don't mean to pry, especially with such a sensitive and painful situation. But does anyone know if there where any warning signs that could have prevented him from going the route of taking his own life. I really feel for his family.....this will take a very long time to heal.

Having lost some friends, their decision was always hard to rationalize. I always thought if I had seen something, maybe I could have stepped in and helped. In my friends' cases there really was nothing there, nobody saw signs in either of them. One had just become engaged, paid for a cruise, and had just landed a gigantic raise at work. It was impossible to rationalize.
Some people do express signs, but I don't know how many as a percentage.
If your goal is to be better prepared to help your friends and family if they have suicidal thoughts, it's probably better to just read about warning signs in general than to pry into any of Elliot's.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Suicidal people often think (so I've read) that they are out of options, with no hope left, and no one that really cares about them. Every once in a while, someone who has attempted suicide survives, and if he is lucky, sees the pain and the worry in the faces of those who care for him, when they come to see him in that hospital bed. Some of them he never imagined caring for him at all, and he is surprised by how distressed they look in that hospital room. For the others, the unlucky ones who succeed at suicide, we just shake our heads sadly and wonder why they felt so cold and alone, so out of hope and beyond the reach of family and friends. My prayers go out to his family and his friends. God bless us every one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom