Shady???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
So I had a guy contact me about trading a pistol for a pistol. I am northeast of Tulsa and he is in OKC. I told him he would have to meet me in Tulsa to do the deal. He says he doesn't have a car so I will have to come to him. Is it just me or does this sound shady as hell????

does OKC have that great of public transportation that someone can live without a car?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
does OKC have that great of public transportation that someone can live without a car?
Nope.

for the record, I wouldn’t go through with the deal, especially if its outside of OSA or not an established member. Regardless of them offering gas money or not. Ive gone up to tulsa or further for a deal, but I trust the person, they’re established, and/or I’m already heading up to the area to begin with.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a "pistol for pistol" trade pending with a member on here and we're both in such a "no hurry" that we've just set them aside until I can get to Tulsa or he can get down here.
This is someone that is extremely well respected on this forum and I've had several discussions with over other things.
Someday we will meet in person.
Would I drive to Tulsa for someone I'd never met, and had no feedback, and said they didn't have a car inferring they wanted to meet at their house? Nah.
That's assuming he contacted you outside of OSA, presumably FB or Armslist, and in no way would I ever, ever go out of my way for those deals.
I've been on that boat a couple of times with some members. The item has sat for a month or so until we could meet up. Good to see we have that trust among some members.
As far as the OP, if they buyer can't afford a car, how can they afford your firearm? Be a no for me.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I had a guy contact me about trading a pistol for a pistol. I am northeast of Tulsa and he is in OKC. I told him he would have to meet me in Tulsa to do the deal. He says he doesn't have a car so I will have to come to him. Is it just me or does this sound shady as hell????
Like everyone else is saying, I’d say nope. If he wants it he can meet up with you and make it happen. If he really wants to he can make it happen. Lots of flakes out there. Best to not waste your time and gas.

On second thoughts unless this is a long standing member on OSA with good feed back I’d recommend passing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom