Shark Week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol... Discovery screwed us science nerds with a "Finding Big Foot" esq fake documentary about a shark that's been extinct for a million and a half years or so. Forgoing all the science of a species to drive wild speculation within the idiot communities. I'm on board with NatGeo's Sharkfest now. Thanks for the heads up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just switched over to Red Sun Rampant, on the Military Channel. No reason, just need to watch some blood and gore on something other than the sushi channel. LOL...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Discovery used be such a good channel....now they just air the same crap as everyone else. That Megalodon "documentary" was ridiculous.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Discovery Channel as a whole has really tanked. I remember when they played nothing but science and tech shows. Now we have mockumentaries and reality TV. Before you know it... they will have 2 hour specials dedicated to piranhaconda and dinocroc.

Seems like all channels are doing it. I was just commenting last night that it sucks that Food Network plays their cooking shows during the day (for the housepeople I guess) and then its non stop reality competition BS at night.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The megalodon shark "mock documentary" crap they aired. Two hours of wasted advertiser money.
yep,that one sucked.

my wife is a big shark fan. she wanted to be a marine biologist before she settled on nursing. she marks it on the calender and that is the only thing that will be on our tv this week.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I told my wife, if they had solid evidence that Megalodon was still in existence we would have heard of it long before a discovery channel documentary aired.

I don't discount the possibility that a very, very, large shark of some species may exist that we haven't found yet.

No if they would just make Meg into a movie that would be awesome.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah... that Megalodon special. I kept going to Google to try to find out if that was fiction or what.

....because there wasn't much science going on there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom