Shave supplies in Tulsa ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who if anyone carries shaveing supplies in Tulsa -- ie Taylor of bond street ,edwin jagger ,Col Conk ? And yes I know about the carwins in Okc , but I rarely get to OKC .

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're really hurting for a specialty shop here in Tulsa... not much to choose from.

The Farm shopping center on 51st and Sheridan has Ted's Pipe Shop. They carry all flavors of Col. Conk soap for like $3.75 each.

Crabtree & Evelyn in Utica Square closed so don't bother looking for it.

Bath & Body works carries the Bigelow cream (LOVE that stuff) as always. They are in Woodland Hills mall.

Tulsa Barber Supply (formally known as ACE) isn't worth messing with unless you need some Lucky Tiger. I did however buy some Dorco blades there for 10/$1 and they seem to work pretty well.

Bed, Bath & Beyond carries Pinaud Clubman AS. They moved to be over in that shopping center next to where Ultimate Electronics used to be.

You can also order one of my .50 BMG Razors from http://www.themightypencompany.com/50_BMG_RAZOR.html or 'coming soon', in alternate calibers.

[Broken External Image] [Broken External Image]

onwmed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HMFIC, is the casing on the parker weighted? Just curious if you filled it for added heft. I'm looking for a new DE razor and that one might be it.

Also, has anyone ever found and old school DE razors at antique shops or flea markets?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Hfic. are you on B & B ? Their thread is about two years old for shaveing supplys in tulsa with about the same intel.

I'm not a member there but I've lurked. I guess I should get official and try to peddle my wares over there too but I was kind of waiting until I finish up a couple of new designs. I have two other shaving related products in the works right now. I've read the thread over there about Tulsa and that's what led me to check out Tulsa Barber Supply. I was highly disappointed... turns out they closed out a bunch of stuff a long time ago and pretty much the only thing you can get there is the Lucky Tiger (the do have the full line though) and those Dorco blades for cheap. They have a few other odds and ends and if you're a straight razor guy, I think they have a couple of the replaceable blade types. The store basically looks like the old guy who ran it never bought anything new since 1970 and the young 'ens operate it and have a small section of newer things near the register. I personally have been to every one of those places I named and those were the only things I found worthwhile. I know of no others. Ted's does also have a small selection of custom Mach3 razors too but if you want something like that, I can turn you one for a much more reasonable price.

Like I said, Tulsa desperately could use a specialty shop. If I didn't already have like 7 jobs, I'd open one. I think the market is here enough to support one.

HMFIC, is the casing on the parker weighted? Just curious if you filled it for added heft. I'm looking for a new DE razor and that one might be it.

Also, has anyone ever found and old school DE razors at antique shops or flea markets?

The Parker doesn't have any added weight but trust me, it's got a good heft to it already with the .50 cal case. I guess I should take a measurement and provide the exact weight. I CAN fill it for additional weight, if that's what you want though. Stay tuned too... one of the new designs I'm working on uses the same Parker head.

I haven't really looked much for old school DEs at shops around, but I've bought a few off eBay. There are quite a few to be had. I mostly like the old Gillette three piece designs, but you can find just about anything you like on there if you're willing to pay shipping. Seems like most of the prices are pretty solid and it's hard to get a huge bargain. Lots of people buying evidently.

onwmed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bueno, I really like the DE razor. You're getting my business.
I'm new to wet shaving, can anyone recommend any of the big retailers for quality soaps, brushes aftershaves etc?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bueno, I really like the DE razor. You're getting my business.
I'm new to wet shaving, can anyone recommend any of the big retailers for quality soaps, brushes aftershaves etc?

Thanks, I apprecaite it.

I'm working on a brush as we speak. It will have a best badger knot in it.

My personal favorite soap right now is the Bigelow. My wife bought me some at Bath & Body in the mall years ago before I even knew about it. It's just great.

www.hill_street.dk_Tools_Images_Resize.ashx_3cc710dc_6c0d_46b42291675726beaeda681ce7dff608d535.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom