Best Onion Rings Tulsa area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me too, tell us more about TJ’s. Where was it, is it still open? I’m from Shawnee also.

Bout right. I worked there around 2001-2003 in high school lol.

They were in that location the Van's now resides in. It was a grilled burger joint. I liked it. Most people loved the cheesy waffle cut fries we had.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Used to love the burgers, fries, onion rings and pie at Coleman's on the highway in Okmulgee. We would stop there several times a year both ways going from Dallas, to Tulsa and back.

Have not been there since they relocated but sure hated to see the old place demolished couple years ago.

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone remember Kennedy's from years ago? Had double dipped rings that were perfect. Really Johnnie's are not bad but it all depends on the cook. Sometimes they are great but get them during a rush and they can be burnt offerings to the gods of fast food.

pistolpete95

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not an onion ring expert but joined some old friends after a funeral for a plate full of greasy onion rings and a cheeseburger at the Freeway Cafe at 4th & Sheridan. Good food and good service.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with a lot of onion rings you get in diners is that they are premade by a big food company like Cisco or Ben E Keith. It’s hard to find good homemade onion rings. The old blue rose on Peoria in Tulsa (where the R bar is now), used to have the best. They made them with some type of beer batter. Unfortunately, they’ve been gone for more than 15 years

Latest posts

Top Bottom