Shipping a gun in from out of state

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I have a gun shipped from a friend in New York to me in Oklahoma without having to go thru ffl dealers?
Nope, but you could drive to NY and buy it from that individual thru an FFL in NY and take it home but knowing NY they would probably have you wait for all the paperwork to sift thru their system before you could make a move homeward, then once you got home you might have to go thru what ever system OK has to get it in your name. The only problem I see with this is if you got caught in a heavy gun control state on your way home they could make life misserable for you, depending on their laws and they might want to confiscate your gun. I 've known a few guys who done this before without any problems but I would not do it myself. The safest way would be to have your buddy send it from an FFL in NY to an FFL in OK, shouldn't be any problem that way.

Last edited:

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I did also call Big boys and H&H. They where $50 and $45. I appreciate the info but I have bought a few things from R&M, they treat me well.
hooooooooly crraaappppp

yeah. use sooner state or coyote. sooner state is usually busy so sometimes you have to wait. holy crap $50 per gun?!?!?

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, but you could drive to NY and buy it from that individual thru an FFL in NY and take it home but knowing NY they would probably have you wait for all the paperwork to sift thru their system before you could make a move homeward, then once you got home you might have to go thru what ever system OK has to get it in your name. The only problem I see with this is if you got caught in a heavy gun control state on your way home they could make life misserable for you, depending on their laws and they might want to confiscate your gun. I 've known a few guys who done this before without any problems but I would not do it myself. The safest way would be to have your buddy send it from an FFL in NY to an FFL in OK, shouldn't be any problem that way.
You are saying that an out of state individual can purchase a firearm from an individual in NY at an FFL, or through an FFL and take the firearm with them? I did not realize this was OK, always thought an out of state transaction needed to go FFL-FFL with some very few exceptions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom