Shooting at the Muskogee Mall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If two undercovers were engaging three bangers who here knows what to look for to tell good guy from bad guy.

Do you????

So far, it looks like every response has been "take cover if possible."

How would you respond to the situation, or do you just prefer to take shots at the members here?

That's a fantastically overused anti-gunner argument. *whine whine* "The police responding won't know who's good and who's bad, so guns should be banned." *whine whine*

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lawyer Doug at H&H tells a story about a SDA woman who "took down" a van full of gremlins who were about to rob a C-store. Turns out those gat toting, do-ragged, Federal officers were about to take down a car full of bank robbers who were buying gas.

It seems that lady is a ward of the state for a few years.

In a public venue... make sure you know the players WITHOUT a scorecard.
My plan is always evade and escape... unless you point a gun at me or mine.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If I had my kids, grandkids wife etc., I think I would have gotten undercover, left the scene or what ever. Unless the pukes was aiming for one of mine then all bets are off.

I was not there, and all self defense is absolutely contextual. So what I SAY I would do and what I would actually do may be different. That said, my first reaction would be to seek cover - especially if my family was with me. If the shooters were far enough away, I would try to stay out of it if possible, and if my family is also under cover. If I can't get my family out of the way, you bet I will engage.

What's the best way to win a gunfight? Beat It!

Take cover and escape and evade out of danger. As with most active shooter type situations the bad guys don't wear signs on them saying they are bad guys and the good guys don't either. In a mall the chances of you having a clear shot and a clear background for your shot are very slim. If you take the shot miss and hit another innocent bystander your world just got a bit more complicated.

I Wouldnt know what I would have done, First and foremost, I would have gotten my family on the ground or move quickly to a safe place. I could say what I would do all day. Fact is, if the shooting happend paralell to me in that mall, my Family and I hit the deck, and the shooting then sprinted through the mall away from me and my Family, I definatley would NOT chase after them. UNLESS they were just senselessly just killing everyone that crossed their path. Thats different... bigtime.

What's your point maddawg? Or do you have one other than stirring the pot?

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I have 2 hard and fast rules about being involved in a shooting at a mall

1. Don't go to malls, particularly ones with a no guns policy.

2. See rule #1.

Seriously the best opiton other than not being in a mall in the first place is to take cover and be prepared to defend yourself and family if needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom