Shot 50 rounds with my CCW / 340PD today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shot 50 rounds with my CCW / 340PD today

much needed with many more rounds coming.
this carry a lot ... shoot a little is flat not good!

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_340pd337pd.JPG

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Those little J-frames take a bit of practice to get the shooter ready to go. Very capable gun though, just take some regular training.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be lost without my J frame! :yikes2:

I know I have the reputation of trading guns back and forth a lot. Constantly buying and selling, never happy with what I've got. It's true. Actually, after more than 20 years totin' an iron, I still don't think I've found the perfect weapon. The Glock comes close, but I still favor the Smith & Wesson K frames too.

However...

You'll never catch me without a J frame in my pocket. In all my years of buying/selling/trading I still stick with the mighty J frame for my BUG. Yes, I've even bought/sold/traded J frames back and forth, but I still go back to one. It's the first thing I pick up in the morning and the last thing I put down at night.

The Smith & Wesson J frame, whether it be in a Chief's Special, Bodyguard or a Centennial configuration, will ALWAYS be my constant companion.

Nice pair CY! :thumb:

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good looking tools, CY. What ammo you use for practice / carry?

I think the 340s are amazing hardware; I really like the 340 M&P with the big dot night sight. Best combat sight picture ever put on a pocket revolver.

If only they didn't have the lock. (Yeah, I know. No thread derail intended...)

J-frames rock as pocket guns, but you gotta practice with 'em. I am going to follow your example tomorrow and put rounds through my 642-1.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I have the reputation of trading guns back and forth a lot. Constantly buying and selling, never happy with what I've got. It's true. Actually, after more than 20 years totin' an iron, I still don't think I've found the perfect weapon. The Glock comes close, but I still favor the Smith & Wesson K frames too.

I was like you. I've owned Smith, Colt, and Ruger revolvers, then owned several semi autos, including several Smiths, a Glock 23, a H&K USP45, a EAA Witness, and a Sig P220. Finally, I got my Kimber and it all stopped. There is a cure, you just have to find it.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CCW with Remington +P 135 gn self defensive ammo ...been practicing with Remington 158 gn .38 and full house .357 125gn SJHP

will be ordering same big dot sight as 340 M&P ... very impressed with how well 340 M&P points with big dot sights.

340PD lock has been disabled.. leaving that tiny spring is asking for failure with pressures 340PD generates. while I was inside 340PD removing lock. stoned every internal part that rubs against anything.

reducing hammer spring tension was not an option due to possible decrease in reliability. Trigger is soooo much smoother after trigger job. it feels much lighter than the 9lbs 10oz measured with a hand held dynamometer.

would like to hear from anyone that's reduced trigger weight on a J frame and if there's any reliability issues....

[Broken External Image]

Good looking tools, CY. What ammo you use for practice / carry?

I think the 340s are amazing hardware; I really like the 340 M&P with the big dot night sight. Best combat sight picture ever put on a pocket revolver.

If only they didn't have the lock. (Yeah, I know. No thread derail intended...)

J-frames rock as pocket guns, but you gotta practice with 'em. I am going to follow your example tomorrow and put rounds through my 642-1.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
who else is getting behind on actually firing their CCW like me?

have recently switched to carrying full house .357 in my 340PD

Latest posts

Top Bottom