Shot 50 rounds with my CCW / 340PD today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
isn't that the truth!!!

no shooting .357 from 340PD will not make your hands bleed.
but it will give you a work out holding on ... using full coverage grips really helps. would not want to shoot .357 with stock grips, too much metal to hand contact.

no problems keeping inside a pie plate at 10yds with .357.
don't thinking stopping power will be an issue...

I am.
I have a 340 M&P that needs to give me a good workout, or vice-versa. :D

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
big dot used in 340 M&P has been in my plans for some time.
just no one carries it locally ... looks like I've got to break down and order one...

anyone know the best place to order one?

I've seen them at Dongs and Tulsa Firearms. Dong's was under MSRP by quite a bit if I recall.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be lost without my J frame! :yikes2:

I know I have the reputation of trading guns back and forth a lot. Constantly buying and selling, never happy with what I've got. It's true. Actually, after more than 20 years totin' an iron, I still don't think I've found the perfect weapon. The Glock comes close, but I still favor the Smith & Wesson K frames too.

However...

You'll never catch me without a J frame in my pocket. In all my years of buying/selling/trading I still stick with the mighty J frame for my BUG. Yes, I've even bought/sold/traded J frames back and forth, but I still go back to one. It's the first thing I pick up in the morning and the last thing I put down at night.

The Smith & Wesson J frame, whether it be in a Chief's Special, Bodyguard or a Centennial configuration, will ALWAYS be my constant companion.

Nice pair CY! :thumb:

You trade and sell guns like a woman changes clothes LMAO. I had to say it

Randy_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I commend you for handling that gun with .357s. I have an Airweight J-frame, and even shooting .38 +P out of that is unpleasant.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I practice with .38 'wadcutters' for a box of 50, then I switch to put in 125 Federal JHp's for another 10... It's really not that big of a deal...I only carry it loaded with 125 gr. Federal .357

Otherwise I would have just bought a .38

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
been slowly making a switch to full house .357
importantly finding out which ammo to use.

some .357 loads are flat painful and borderline controllable.
slowly getting used to .357's blast ...

establishing a baseline of practice sessions to teach muscle control to avoid flinching.

what's working out the best is 158 grain Federal .357 self defensive ammo. relatively light recoil for full house .357

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom