Shot and killed during a gun sell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/man-shot-killed-during-east-tulsa-robbery
TULSA, Okla. — The Tulsa Police Department is looking for information about the city's seventh homicide of the year.

Police say their officers were flagged down near 51st Street and Mingo after a shooting near 31st Street and 129th East Avenue around 8:30 p.m. on Saturday.

Investigators say Brad Hale had been shot during a robbery when he tried to sell a gun to someone he met in the neighborhood.

Hale died at the hospital shortly after.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Luckily, after a gozillion transactions over the years, I've never had an issue. Mostly because 99% of the buys/trades I've made were with members here. It could be the fact that I'm usually going to/getting off work, so I'm still in uniform. :police2: I've made a handful of Armslist buys, but fortunately, they all went without incident too. But still...nowadays, you never know.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve never had an issue buying or selling with folks here on OSA but on an armslist deal once I had the guy trying to get me to negotiate the price by letting me go a round with his wife 😳😳, stuck to my guns and got the cash, wife text’d me later saying her end of the deal was still open ?? Lmao

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve never had an issue buying or selling with folks here on OSA but on an armslist deal once I had the guy trying to get me to negotiate the price by letting me go a round with his wife 😳😳, stuck to my guns and got the cash, wife text’d me later saying her end of the deal was still open ?? Lmao

Do you happen to still have her number? Any pics? How many rounds through her? Has the original box? 😂

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always meet at my former PD or a agency in the area no matter if it's a weapon or something else we may be selling. If I'm at my old agency and especially if I'm selling a gun I'll usually have one of the guys still on the job with me. I've never had a problem although one vehicle that I suspect was the buyer turned around and left when he saw where the address led him and who was waiting.

Edit: Just saw on the news that the seller brought his mother with him to the sale and she witnessed the shooting. Not a whole lot worse than watching one of your children get murdered.

Last edited:

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had about 5 transactions that didn't get completed due to people not wanting too meet at my PD and stopped all communication afterwards. Normally, when you tell a buyer that, they are like "hell ya".

PD's and Banks have lots of cameras. Daylight hours with people around is most always a sure bet to a safe transaction, but now adays, that doesn't hold a lot of water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom